Anti-VPS35 antibody (ab10099)
- Product nameAnti-VPS35 antibodySee all VPS35 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to VPS35
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide: SPESEGPIYEGLIL, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 783-796 of Human VPS35.
- Positive controlHuman Brain lysate. Human testis.
- General notes
The maintenance of organelles in eukaryotic cells depends on sorting proteins, which ensure the proper delivery of organelle-specific proteins. In S. cerevisiae, VPS35 has a direct role in the retrieval of vacuolar cargo proteins, suggesting that human VPS35 may have an analogous function in the maintenance of lysosomes.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Primary antibody notes The maintenance of organelles in eukaryotic cells depends on sorting proteins, which ensure the proper delivery of organelle-specific proteins. In S. cerevisiae, VPS35 has a direct role in the retrieval of vacuolar cargo proteins, suggesting that human VPS35 may have an analogous function in the maintenance of lysosomes.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10099 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. In paraffin embedded Human Testis, shows positive staining in Leydig cells, and cytoplasmic staining (dot-like) of some epithelial cells of the epididymis and of the rete testis.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 91 kDa).Can be blocked with VPS35 peptide (783-796) (ab23181). Use at a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa observed in human brain and testis lysates (predicted molecular weight: 91 kDa according to NP_060676).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionEssential component of the retromer complex, a complex required to retrieve lysosomal enzyme receptors (IGF2R and M6PR) from endosomes to the trans-Golgi network. Also required to regulate transcytosis of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor (pIgR-pIgA).
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Highly expressed in heart, brain, placenta, skeletal muscle, spleen, thymus, testis, ovary, small intestine, kidney and colon.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the VPS35 family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 521864 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 100133770 Human
- Entrez Gene: 55737 Human
- Entrez Gene: 55737 Human
- Entrez Gene: 65114 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 25479 Rat
- Omim: 601501 Human
- SwissProt: Q2HJG5 Cow
- SwissProt: Q96QK1 Human
- SwissProt: Q96QK1 Human
- SwissProt: Q9EQH3 Mouse
- Unigene: 454528 Human
- Unigene: 296520 Mouse
- Unigene: 391632 Mouse
- Unigene: 161720 Rat
- DKFZp434E1211 antibodyDKFZp434P1672 antibodyFLJ10752 antibody
- FLJ13588 antibodyFLJ20388 antibodyhVPS35 antibodyMaternal embryonic 3 antibodyMaternal-embryonic 3 antibodyMEM 3 antibodyMEM3 antibodyPARK17 antibodyTCCCTA00141 antibodyvacuolar protein sorting 35 (yeast) antibodyVacuolar protein sorting 35 antibodyVacuolar protein sorting 35 homolog antibodyVacuolar protein sorting associated protein 35 antibodyVacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 35 antibodyVesicle protein sorting 35 antibodyVPS 35 antibodyVPS35 antibodyVPS35_HUMAN antibody
Anti-VPS35 antibody images
Predicted band size : 91 kDa
ab10099 staining (1µg/ml) of human brain lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by Western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab10099 staining Human Testis by IHC-P. Image A) shows cytoplasmic staining of epithelial cells of the epididymis of the rete testis and image B), some leydig cells. Microwaved antigen retrieval with A) Tris/EDTA buffer pH9 at 3µg/ml and B) Citrate buffer pH6 at 10ug/ml, HRP-staining.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, staining VPS35 with ab10099.
Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/150 in 10% Serum in PBS) for 16 hours at 4°C. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated donkey anti-goat polyclonal IgG (1/300) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-VPS35 antibody (ab10099)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gomez TS et al. Trafficking defects in WASH-knockout fibroblasts originate from collapsed endosomal and lysosomal networks. Mol Biol Cell 23:3215-28 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22718907) »
- Kingston D et al. Inhibition of retromer activity by herpesvirus saimiri tip leads to CD4 downregulation and efficient T cell transformation. J Virol 85:10627-38 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21849449) »