Anti-Vimentin antibody [VI-01] (ab7752)
- Product nameAnti-Vimentin antibody [VI-01]See all Vimentin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [VI-01] to Vimentin
- SpecificityBesides reactivity with vimentin, this antibody also cross-reacts with smooth muscle desmin. A positive reaction is also found on thyroid folicular cells and several mesothelial cells.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, ELISA, ICC, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species, all Mammals
Pellet of pig brain cold stable proteins after depolymerization of microtubules.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesPurified from ascites using precipitation methods.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberVI-01
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7752 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be paired for ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [VI-RE/1] to Vimentin (ab3974).|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionVimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- DomainThe central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
modificationsFilament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- Entrez Gene: 420519 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 280955 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 7431 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22352 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 407747 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 81818 Rat
- Omim: 193060 Human
- SwissProt: P09654 Chicken
- SwissProt: P48616 Cow
- SwissProt: P08670 Human
- SwissProt: P20152 Mouse
- SwissProt: P02543 Pig
- SwissProt: P31000 Rat
- Unigene: 455493 Human
- Unigene: 691131 Human
- Unigene: 268000 Mouse
- Unigene: 2710 Rat
- FormVimentin is found in connective tissue and in the cytoskeleton.
- FLJ36605 antibody
- VIM antibody
- VIME_HUMAN antibody
- vimentin antibody
Anti-Vimentin antibody [VI-01] images
Ab7752 staining human kidney tissue. Staining can be observed in the cytoplasm of cells.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
Image from Ermakova S et al, J Biol Chem 280:16882-90 (2005), Fig 4.
ICC/IF image of ab7752 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7752, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab7752 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100® for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab7752, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgM [ICIGM] (ab91545, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100® used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Vimentin antibody [VI-01] (ab7752)
This product has been referenced in:
- Xu C et al. Stromal-epithelial interactions modulate cross-talk between prolactin receptor and HER2/Neu in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:157-69 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22270933) »
- Acampora KB et al. Increased synthetic phenotype behavior of smooth muscle cells in response to in vitro balloon angioplasty injury model. Ann Vasc Surg 24:116-26 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19781909) »