Anti-Vimentin antibody (ab71144)
- Product nameAnti-Vimentin antibodySee all Vimentin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vimentin
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant human protein purified from E.coli (His-Vimentin)
- Positive controlRD2, C6, HeLa and NIH3T3 cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.01% BSA, HEPES, 0.15M Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71144 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use 4 µl for 200 µg lysate.|
- FunctionVimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- DomainThe central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
modificationsFilament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- FLJ36605 antibodyOTTHUMP00000019224 antibodyVIM antibody
- VIME_HUMAN antibodyvimentin antibody
Anti-Vimentin antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Vimentin antibody (ab71144) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : RD2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : C6 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : NIH3T3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Observed band size : 54 kDa
References for Anti-Vimentin antibody (ab71144)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lang BJ et al. Heat stress induces epithelial plasticity and cell migration independent of heat shock factor 1. Cell Stress Chaperones : (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22791010) »
- De Ceuleneer M et al. Quantification of citrullination by means of skewed isotope distribution pattern. J Proteome Res 11:5245-51 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22978259) »