Anti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody [2G2] (ab23480)
- Product nameAnti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody [2G2]See all Vitamin D Binding protein primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2G2] to Vitamin D Binding protein
- Specificityab23480 is specific for Gc-globulin (vitamin D binding protein).
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native Gc-globulin isolated from human plasma
- Positive control
- Human plasma can be used as a positive control. The concentration of Gc-globulin in human plasma is approximately 400 µg/ml.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 500mM Sodium chloride, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2G2
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23480 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa. (Note: In Western blotting after SDS-PAGE, HYB 249-01 reacts with Gc-globulin in both reduced as well as unreduced forms.)|
- FunctionMultifunctional protein found in plasma, ascitic fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine and on the surface of many cell types. In plasma, it carries the vitamin D sterols and prevents polymerization of actin by binding its monomers. DBP associates with membrane-bound immunoglobulin on the surface of B-lymphocytes and with IgG Fc receptor on the membranes of T-lymphocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- DBP antibody
- DBP/GC antibody
- GC antibody
- Gc globulin antibody
- Gc-globulin antibody
- GRD3 antibody
- Group specific component antibody
- Group specific component vitamin D binding protein antibody
- Group-specific component antibody
- hDBP antibody
- VDB antibody
- VDBG antibody
- VDBP antibody
- Vitamin D binding alpha globulin antibody
- Vitamin D-binding protein antibody
- VTDB_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-Vitamin D Binding protein antibody [2G2] (ab23480)
This product has been referenced in:
- Pottiez G et al. Plasma proteomic profiling in HIV-1 infected methamphetamine abusers. PLoS One 7:e31031 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22359561) »
- Bai S et al. Proteome analysis of biomarkers in the cerebrospinal fluid of neuromyelitis optica patients. Mol Vis 15:1638-48 (2009). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19710940) »