Anti-Vitronectin antibody [BV1] (ab7165)
- Product nameAnti-Vitronectin antibody [BV1]See all Vitronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BV1] to Vitronectin
- SpecificityThe antibody binds to soluble vitronectin as well as to membrane bound vitronectin.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, IP, ICC/IF, Purification more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS with 0.2% BSA, 0.1% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBV1
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7165 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19730772|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Purification||P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionVitronectin is a cell adhesion and spreading factor found in serum and tissues. Vitronectin interact with glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans. Is recognized by certain members of the integrin family and serves as a cell-to-substrate adhesion molecule. Inhibitor of the membrane-damaging effect of the terminal cytolytic complement pathway.
Somatomedin-B is a growth hormone-dependent serum factor with protease-inhibiting activity.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
Contains 1 SMB (somatomedin-B) domain.
- DomainThe SMB domain mediates interaction with SERPINE1/PAI1. The heparin-binding domain mediates interaction with insulin.
modificationsSulfated on 2 tyrosine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation on Thr-69 and Thr-76 favors cell adhesion and spreading.
It has been suggested that the active SMB domain may be permitted considerable disulfide bond heterogeneity or variability, thus two alternate disulfide patterns based on 3D structures are described with 1 disulfide bond conserved in both.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Complement S Protein antibodyEpibolin antibodyS Protein antibody
- S-protein antibodySerum Spreading Factor antibodySerum-spreading factor antibodySomatomedin B antibodySomatomedin-B antibodyV75 antibodyVitronectin V10 subunit antibodyVitronectin V65 subunit antibodyVN antibodyVNT antibodyVTN antibodyVTNC_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-Vitronectin antibody [BV1] (ab7165)
This product has been referenced in:
- Knappe UJ et al. Expression of extracellular matrix-proteins in perisellar connective tissue and dura mater. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:345-53 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19730772) »