Anti-Vitronectin antibody (ab20091)
- Product nameAnti-Vitronectin antibodySee all Vitronectin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vitronectin
- SpecificityReacts with both native monomeric and polymeric vitronectin in various tissues and plasma.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (Human).
- General notesThe concentration of this product is lot-specific.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.1M Sodium chloride, 0.05M Sodium phosphate, 1mM EDTA. pH 6.6
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notes>98% pure (SDS-PAGE).
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20091 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
- FunctionVitronectin is a cell adhesion and spreading factor found in serum and tissues. Vitronectin interact with glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans. Is recognized by certain members of the integrin family and serves as a cell-to-substrate adhesion molecule. Inhibitor of the membrane-damaging effect of the terminal cytolytic complement pathway.
Somatomedin-B is a growth hormone-dependent serum factor with protease-inhibiting activity.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
Contains 1 SMB (somatomedin-B) domain.
- DomainThe SMB domain mediates interaction with SERPINE1/PAI1. The heparin-binding domain mediates interaction with insulin.
modificationsSulfated on 2 tyrosine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation on Thr-69 and Thr-76 favors cell adhesion and spreading.
It has been suggested that the active SMB domain may be permitted considerable disulfide bond heterogeneity or variability, thus two alternate disulfide patterns based on 3D structures are described with 1 disulfide bond conserved in both.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- Complement S Protein antibody
- Epibolin antibody
- S Protein antibody
- S-protein antibody
- Serum Spreading Factor antibody
- Serum-spreading factor antibody
- Somatomedin B antibody
- Somatomedin-B antibody
- V75 antibody
- Vitronectin V10 subunit antibody
- Vitronectin V65 subunit antibody
- VN antibody
- VNT antibody
- VTN antibody
- VTNC_HUMAN antibody
References for Anti-Vitronectin antibody (ab20091)
This product has been referenced in:
- Voss S et al. The choline-binding protein PspC of Streptococcus pneumoniae interacts with the C-terminal heparin-binding domain of vitronectin. J Biol Chem 288:15614-27 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23603906) »