Anti-Wee1 antibody (ab2315)
- Product nameAnti-Wee1 antibodySee all Wee1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Wee1
- SpecificityThis antibody recognizes ~72 kDa proteins, corresponding to the expected molecular weight of Wee1 on SDS-PAGE. The antibody sometimes detects ~30 kDa and ~45 kDa unknown bands in tissue extracts.
- Tested applicationsIP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human)(C terminal), a.a 506-530.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2315 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18056802|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa.|
- FunctionActs as a negative regulator of entry into mitosis (G2 to M transition) by protecting the nucleus from cytoplasmically activated cyclin B1-complexed CDK1 before the onset of mitosis by mediating phosphorylation of CDK1 on 'Tyr-15'. Specifically phosphorylates and inactivates cyclin B1-complexed CDK1 reaching a maximum during G2 phase and a minimum as cells enter M phase. Phosphorylation of cyclin B1-CDK1 occurs exclusively on 'Tyr-15' and phosphorylation of monomeric CDK1 does not occur. Its activity increases during S and G2 phases and decreases at M phase when it is hyperphosphorylated. A correlated decrease in protein level occurs at M/G1 phase, probably due to its degradation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. WEE1 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated during M and G1 phases. Also autophosphorylated.
Ubiquitinated and degraded at the onset of G2/M phase.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DKFZp686I18166 antibodyEC 184.108.40.206 antibodyFLJ16446 antibody
- MGC105683 antibodyOTTHUMP00000231338 antibodyOTTHUMP00000231339 antibodyWee 1 antibodyWEE 1 homolog 1 (S. pombe) antibodyWEE1 antibodyWEE1 homolog (S. pombe) antibodyWee1 homolog antibodyWEE1 homolog S. pombe antibodyWee1 like protein kinase antibodyWee1 tyrosine kinase antibodyWee1+ homolog antibodyWee1+ S. pombe homolog antibodyWEE1, S. pombe, homolog of antibodyWEE1, somatic antibodyWee1-like protein kinase antibodyWEE1_HUMAN antibodyWEE1A antibodyWee1A kinase antibodyWEE1hu antibody