Anti-Wnt10b antibody (ab70816)
- Product nameAnti-Wnt10b antibodySee all Wnt10b primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Wnt10b
- Specificityab70816 only recognizes the longer isoform of Wnt10b and will not cross-react with Wnt10a.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
15 amino acid peptide from near the center of human Wnt10b (NP_003385).
- Positive control
- Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70816 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
- FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. Probable developmental protein. May be a signaling molecule which affects the development of discrete regions of tissues. Is likely to signal over only few cell diameters.
- Tissue specificityDetected in most adult tissues. Highest levels were found in heart and skeletal muscle. Low levels are found in brain.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in WNT10B are the cause of split-hand/foot malformation type 6 (SHFM6) [MIM:225300]. SHFM is a limb malformation involving the central rays of the autopod and presenting with syndactyly, median clefts of the hands and feet, and aplasia and/or hypoplasia of the phalanges, metacarpals, and metatarsals. SHFM6 is a autosomal recessive disorder.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
- Developmental stageInfant brain has higher levels of WNT10B than adult brain.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Protein Wnt-10b antibody
- Protein Wnt-12 antibody
- SHFM6 antibody
- wingless type MMTV integration site family, member 10B antibody
- WN10B_HUMAN antibody
- Wnt10b antibody
- wnt12 antibody
Anti-Wnt10b antibody images
Lane 1 : Anti-Wnt10b antibody (ab70816) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Wnt10b antibody (ab70816) at 4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 43 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 93 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab70816 at 2.5 µ/ml staining Wnt10 in human skeletal muscle tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections).
ICC/IF image of ab70816 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70816, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h.Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Wnt10b antibody (ab70816)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fei Y et al. Fibroblast growth factor 2 stimulation of osteoblast differentiation and bone formation is mediated by modulation of the wnt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem 286:40575-83 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21987573) »