Anti-XPB antibody (ab97668)
- Product nameAnti-XPB antibodySee all XPB primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XPB
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Zebrafish
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 521-712 of Human XPB (NP_000113).
- Positive control
- 293T, A431 and H1299 whole cell lysates; HeLa cells; HepG2, Molt-4 and Raji cell lines
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C or lower. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Purine and pyrimidine synthesis
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97668 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa.|
- FunctionATP-dependent 3'-5' DNA helicase, component of the core-TFIIH basal transcription factor, involved in nucleotide excision repair (NER) of DNA and, when complexed to CAK, in RNA transcription by RNA polymerase II. Acts by opening DNA either around the RNA transcription start site or the DNA damage.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ERCC3 are the cause of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group B (XP-B) [MIM:610651]; also known as xeroderma pigmentosum II (XP2) or XP group B (XPB) or xeroderma pigmentosum group B combined with Cockayne syndrome (XP-B/CS). Xeroderma pigmentosum is an autosomal recessive pigmentary skin disorder characterized by solar hypersensitivity of the skin, high predisposition for developing cancers on areas exposed to sunlight and, in some cases, neurological abnormalities. Some XP-B patients present features of Cockayne syndrome, including dwarfism, sensorineural deafness, microcephaly, mental retardation, pigmentary retinopathy, ataxia, decreased nerve conduction velocities.
Defects in ERCC3 are a cause of trichothiodystrophy photosensitive (TTDP) [MIM:601675]. TTDP is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by sulfur-deficient brittle hair and nails, ichthyosis, mental retardation, impaired sexual development, abnormal facies and cutaneous photosensitivity correlated with a nucleotide excision repair (NER) defect. Neonates with trichothiodystrophy and ichthyosis are usually born with a collodion membrane. The severity of the ichthyosis after the membrane is shed is variable, ranging from a mild to severe lamellar ichthyotic phenotype. There are no reports of skin cancer associated with TTDP.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the helicase family. RAD25/XPB subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 507984 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 2071 Human
- Entrez Gene: 13872 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 291703 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 324323 Zebrafish
- Omim: 133510 Human
- SwissProt: Q1RMT1 Cow
- SwissProt: P19447 Human
- SwissProt: P49135 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q4G005 Rat
- SwissProt: Q7ZVV1 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 469872 Human
- Unigene: 282335 Mouse
- Unigene: 44012 Rat
- Unigene: 6574 Zebrafish
- Basic transcription factor 2 89 kDa subunit antibody
- BTF 2 antibody
- BTF2 antibody
- BTF2 p89 antibody
- DNA excision repair protein ERCC-3 antibody
- DNA repair protein complementing XP-B cells antibody
- ERCC 3 antibody
- ERCC3 antibody
- ERCC3_HUMAN antibody
- Excision Repair Cross-complementing Rodent Repair deficiency complementation Group 3 antibody
- GTF2H antibody
- RAD 25 antibody
- RAD25 antibody
- TFIIH 89 kDa subunit antibody
- TFIIH antibody
- TFIIH basal transcription factor complex 89 kDa subunit antibody
- TFIIH basal transcription factor complex helicase XPB subunit antibody
- TFIIH p89 antibody
- Xeroderma pigmentosum group B-complementing protein antibody
Anti-XPB antibody images
All lanes : Anti-XPB antibody (ab97668) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : H1299 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 89 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells, using ab97668 at 1/200 dilution. Lower image is merged with DNA probe.
References for Anti-XPB antibody (ab97668)
ab97668 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.