Anti-XPF antibody [SPM228] (ab17798)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityPreadsorbed IgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberSPM228
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17798 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 104 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 104 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionStructure-specific DNA repair endonuclease responsible for the 5-prime incision during DNA repair. Involved in homologous recombination that assists in removing interstrand cross-link.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ERCC4 are the cause of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group F (XP-F) [MIM:278760]; also known as xeroderma pigmentosum VI (XP6). XP-F is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by hypersensitivity of the skin to sunlight followed by high incidence of skin cancer and frequent neurologic abnormalities.
Defects in ERCC4 are a cause of XFE progeroid syndrome (XFEPS) [MIM:610965]. This syndrome is illustrated by one patient who presented with dwarfism, cachexia and microcephaly.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the XPF family.
Contains 1 ERCC4 domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DNA excision repair protein ERCC 4 antibodyDNA excision repair protein ERCC-4 antibodyDNA excision repair protein ERCC4 antibody
- DNA repair endonuclease XPF antibodyDNA repair protein complementing XP F cells antibodyDNA repair protein complementing XP-F cells antibodyERCC 11 antibodyERCC 4 antibodyERCC11 antibodyERCC4 antibodyExcision repair complementing defective in Chinese hamster antibodyExcision repair cross complementing rodent repair deficiency complementation group 4 antibodyRAD 1 antibodyRAD1 antibodyXeroderma Pigmentosum Complementation group F antibodyXeroderma Pigmentosum Complementation group F antibodyXeroderma pigmentosum group F complementing protein antibodyXeroderma pigmentosum group F-complementing protein antibodyXPF_HUMAN antibody
Anti-XPF antibody [SPM228] images
ab17798 XPF [SPM228] staining in formalin-fixed human tonsil tissue (1/50; 30min incubation at RT).
Anti-XPF antibody [SPM228] (ab17798) at 1/25 dilution + MCF-7 cell lysate at 1 µg
Predicted band size : 104 kDa
Observed band size : 104 kDa
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab17798 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab17798, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-XPF antibody [SPM228] (ab17798)
This product has been referenced in:
- Duquette ML et al. CtIP is required to initiate replication-dependent interstrand crosslink repair. PLoS Genet 8:e1003050 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23144634) »
- Vaezi A et al. XPF expression correlates with clinical outcome in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Clin Cancer Res 17:5513-22 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21737503) »