Xanthine Oxidase Assay Kit (ab102522)
- Product nameXanthine Oxidase Assay Kit
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Sensitivity> 10 mU/ml
- Range10 mU/ml - 1000 mU/ml
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
Abcam's Xanthine Oxidase Assay Kit is an easy and sensitive assay to determine XO in variety of samples. In the assay, XO oxidizes xanthine to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) which reacts stoichiometrically with OxiRed Probe to generate color (at λ = 570 nm) and fluorescence (at Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). Since the color or fluorescence intensity is proportional to XO content, the XO activity can be accurately measured. The kit detects 1-100 mU xanthine oxidase in 100 µl reaction volume.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Xanthine oxidase (XO, EC 18.104.22.168 ) is present in appreciable amounts in the liver and jejunum in healthy individuals. However, in various liver disorders, XO is released into circulation. Therefore, determination of serum XO level serves as a sensitive indicator of acute liver damage such as jaundice.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests H2O2 Standard (0.88 M) Yellow 1 x 20µl OxiRed™ Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 unit XO Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml XO Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized) Green 1 unit XO Positive Control Blue 1 x 8µl XO Substrate Mix (Lyophilized) Purple 1 unit
- Research Areas
- RelevanceXanthine oxidase (XO, EC 22.214.171.124 ) is present in appreciable amounts in the liver and jejunum in healthy individuals. However, in various liver disorders, XO is released into circulation. Therefore, determination of serum XO level serves as a sensitive indicator of acute liver damage such as jaundice.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Peroxisome. Secreted.
- Xanthine dehydrogenase/oxidase
- Xanthine oxidoreductase
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102522 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Xanthine Oxidase Assay Kit (ab102522)
This product has been referenced in:
- Paneni F et al. Deletion of the activated protein-1 transcription factor JunD induces oxidative stress and accelerates age-related endothelial dysfunction. Circulation 127:1229-40, e1-21 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23410942) »