Ziprasidone (CP 88059) (ab120394)
- Product nameZiprasidone (CP 88059)
- DescriptionAtypical antipsychotic. 5-HT2A / D2 antagonist.
- CP 88059
- Biological descriptionAtypical antipsychotic that exhibits combined serotonin and dopamine receptor antagonist activity. Displays high affinity at 5-HT2A receptors with an in vitro 5-HT2A /D2 affinity ratio greater than any other clinically available atypical antipsychotics (pKi values are 9.38 and 8.32 respectively).
- Purity> 99%
- Chemical name5-[2-[4-(1,2-Benzisothiazol-3-yl)-1-piperazinyl]ethyl]-6-chloro-1,3-dihydro-2H-indol-2-one hydrochloride
- Molecular Weight449.40
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC21H21ClN4OS.HCl
- CAS Number138982-67-9
- PubChem identifier219099
- Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
- Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 10 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Ziprasidone (CP 88059) images
ab13524 staining LAMP2 in HepG2 cells treated with ziprasidone (ab120394), by ICC/IF. Increase in LAMP2 expression correlates with increased concentration of ziprasidone, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24 hour in media containing different concentrations of ab120394 (ziprasidone) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab13524 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 anti-rat polyclonal antibody (ab98386) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
References for Ziprasidone (CP 88059) (ab120394)
This product has been referenced in:
- Schmidt AW et al. Ziprasidone: a novel antipsychotic agent with a unique human receptor binding profile. Eur J Pharmacol 425:197-201 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11513838) »
- Sprouse JS et al. Comparison of the novel antipsychotic ziprasidone with clozapine and olanzapine: inhibition of dorsal raphe cell firing and the role of 5-HT1A receptor activation. Neuropsychopharmacology 21:622-31 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10516958) »
- Seeger TF et al. Ziprasidone (CP-88,059): a new antipsychotic with combined dopamine and serotonin receptor antagonist activity. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 275:101-13 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7562537) »