Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [18H5] (ab10288)
- Product nameAnti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [18H5]See all Podoplanin / gp36 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [18H5] to Podoplanin / gp36
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length protein.
- Positive controlIn Western blot, this antibody gave a positive signal in human placenta and skeletal muscle tissue lysates.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number18H5
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10288 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 6 - 30 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µl for 106 cells. (methanol fixed cells)|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18987360|
- FunctionMay be involved in cell migration and/or actin cytoskeleton organization. When expressed in keratinocytes, induces changes in cell morphology with transfected cells showing an elongated shape, numerous membrane protrusions, major reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton, increased motility and decreased cell adhesion. Required for normal lung cell proliferation and alveolus formation at birth. Induces platelet aggregation. Does not have any effect on folic acid or amino acid transport. Does not function as a water channel or as a regulator of aquaporin-type water channels.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta, lung, skeletal muscle and brain. Weakly expressed in brain, kidney and liver. In placenta, expressed on the apical plasma membrane of endothelium. In lung, expressed in alveolar epithelium. Up-regulated in colorectal tumors and expressed in 25% of early oral squamous cell carcinomas.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the podoplanin family.
modificationsExtensively O-glycosylated. Contains sialic acid residues. O-glycosylation is necessary for platelet aggregation activity.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell projection > filopodium membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Cell projection > microvillus membrane. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Localized to actin-rich microvilli and plasma membrane projections such as filopodia, lamellipodia and ruffles.
- AGGRUS antibodyGLYCOPROTEIN 36 KD antibodyGlycoprotein 36 antibody
- gp 36 antibodyGP 38 antibodyGP 40 antibodygp36 antibodyGP38 antibodyGP40 antibodyHT1A 1 antibodyHT1A1 antibodyhT1alpha1 antibodyhT1alpha2 antibodyLung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein antibodyLung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein isoform a antibodyLung type I cell membrane associated glycoprotein T1A 2 antibodyOTS 8 antibodyOTS8 antibodyOTTHUMP00000009640 antibodyOTTHUMP00000044504 antibodyPA2.26 antibodyPA2.26 antigen antibodyPDPN antibodyPDPN_HUMAN antibodyPodoplanin antibodyPSEC0003 antibodyPSEC0025 antibodyT1 alpha antibodyT1 ALPHA GENE antibodyT1-alpha antibodyT1A 2 antibodyT1A antibodyTIA 2 antibodyTIA2 antibody
Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [18H5] images
ab10288 at a 1/500 dilution staining human dermal lymphatic endothelial by Immunocytochemistry. The cells were grown in coverslips and fixed in formalin prior to permeabilization with tritonX-100. The cells were incubated with the primary antibody at 1/500 for 1 hour and then bound antibody was detected using a biotinylated goat anti-mouse antibody. Texas red-streptavidin was used for development.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Maria Navarro.
ab10288 at 1/500 dilution staining human thymus specimen tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a heat induced epitope retrieval step was carried out. The tisse was then blocked and incubated with the antibody. An HRP conjugated rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
Overlay histogram showing HCT116 cells stained with ab10288 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab10288, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a slightly decreased signal in HCT116 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam does not have data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
All lanes : Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [18H5] (ab10288) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Placenta (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29745)
Lane 2 :
Skeletal Muscle (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29330)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 24 kDa
Observed band size : 35 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
References for Anti-Podoplanin / gp36 antibody [18H5] (ab10288)
This product has been referenced in:
- Hoshino A et al. Podoplanin-positive fibroblasts enhance lung adenocarcinoma tumor formation: podoplanin in fibroblast functions for tumor progression. Cancer Res 71:4769-79 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21610106) »
- Bortolomai I et al. Tumor initiating cells: Development and critical characterization of a model derived from the A431 carcinoma cell line forming spheres in suspension. Cell Cycle 9: (2010). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20237414) »