Anti-5-Methyl Cytidine antibody [33D3] - ChIP Grade (ab10805)
- Product nameAnti-5-Methyl Cytidine antibody [33D3] - ChIP GradeSee all 5-Methyl Cytidine primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [33D3] to 5-Methyl Cytidine - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityClone 33D3 has been developed to discriminate between the modified base 5-MeCyd and the normal counterpart cytosine.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, MeDIP, ChIP, IP, WB, Southern Blot, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr more details
Recognises the modified base 5-methylcytidine found in DNA of plants and vertebrates.
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
Should this product contain a precipitate microcentrifugation before use.While older lots have performed well in ICC, we have received inconsistent results with the latest lots. Unfortunately, we can no longer guarantee this antibody for use in ICC.
Ab10805 recognises the modified base 5-methylcytidine found in DNA of plants and vertebrates. DNA methylation is a DNA modification process, which is involved in the control of gene expression. Reports suggest that in tumours, DNA is frequently globally hypomethylated compared to the DNA from normal tissue.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Primary antibody notes Ab10805 recognises the modified base 5-methylcytidine found in DNA of plants and vertebrates. DNA methylation is a DNA modification process, which is involved in the control of gene expression. Reports suggest that in tumours, DNA is frequently globally hypomethylated compared to the DNA from normal tissue.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number33D3
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10805 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|MeDIP||MeDIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17845077Used 5ul in 200ul reaction with 2ug digested genomic DNA from Drosophila.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Southern Blot||SB: 1/200.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use 10ul of working dilution to label 1000000 cells in 100ul. (see Habib, M. et al. (1999)).|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceCytidine is a nucleoside formed by a cytosine attached to a ribose ring via a ß-N1-glycosidic bond. DNA is methylated on cytidines by DNA methylases (DNMTs)to generate 5-methylcytidine (5-mC), a potent epigenetics marker and regulator of gene expression. The reverse reaction (cytidine demethylation) starts with its oxidation to hydroxymethyl- (5-hmC), formyl- (5-fC), and carboxy- (5-caC) cytidine. Several enzymes, including the Tet family of proteins have been implicated in cytidine demethylation.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- 5 m C antibody5 mC antibody5 me C antibody
- 5 Me Cytidine antibody5 Me Cytosine antibody5 meC antibody5 MeCyd antibody5 Methyl Cytidine antibody5 Methyl Cytosine antibody5 MethylCytidine antibody5 MethylCytosine antibody5-mC antibody5-Me Cytidine antibody5-Me Cytosine antibody5-meC antibody5-Methyl Cytidine antibody5-Methyl Cytosine antibody5-Methyl-Cytidine antibody5-Methyl-Cytosine antibody5-MethylCytidine antibody5-MethylCytosine antibody5mC antibody
Anti-5-Methyl Cytidine antibody [33D3] - ChIP Grade images
ab10805 staining 5-Methyl Cytidine in pig embryo (15 to 17 days) tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue underwent fixation in paraformaldehyde, heat mediated antigen retrieval in Tris-EDTA buffer, permeabilization in Triton X-100 and blocking in 2% BSA for 10 minutes at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted, 1/100 (PBS + 2% BSA) and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated donkey polyclonal to mouse at 1/250 dilution, was used as secondary.
References for Anti-5-Methyl Cytidine antibody [33D3] - ChIP Grade (ab10805)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bracht JR et al. Cytosine methylation and hydroxymethylation mark DNA for elimination in Oxytricha trifallax. Genome Biol 13:R99 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 23075511) »
- Zheng S et al. Histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) participates in the transcriptional repression of the p16 (INK4a) gene in mammary gland of the female rat offspring exposed to an early-life high-fat diet. Epigenetics 7:183-90 (2012). IP ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22395468) »