Apolipoprotein B Human ELISA kit (ab108807)
- Product nameApolipoprotein B Human ELISA kitSee all Apolipoprotein B kits ...
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 0.008 µg/ml
- Range0.008 µg/ml - 0.25 µg/ml
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Apolipoprotein B (Apo B) is the dominant protein constituent of LDL. The levels of secreted ApoB directly correlate with circulating serum cholesterol levels. Apo B is a better marker of risk of vascular disease than other lipid markers including LDL and HDL-cholesterol and triglycerides. Apo B is consistently associated with an increased mortality in type 1 diabetes. Plasma Apo B and VLDL and LDL with Apo B are independent risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). ApoB, ApoA-I and the Ap A-I/ApoB ratio can predict incident ischemic stroke among patients with preexisting atherothrombotic disease.
Ab108807 Human ApoB ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for detection of human ApoB in plasma, serum and cell culture samples. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique that measures human ApoB in less than 4 hours. A polyclonal antibody specific for human ApoB has been pre-coated onto a 96-well microplate with removable strips. ApoB in standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for ApoB, which is recognized by a streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Biotinylated Apo B Antibody (60x) 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Human Apo B Microplate 1 unit Human Apo B Standard 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 2 x 30ml
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
- Apo BApo B 100Apo B-100
- Apo B-100Apo B-48Apo B-48ApoBAPOBApoB 100 ApoB 48APOB proteinAPOB_HUMANApolipoprotein BApolipoprotein B 100Apolipoprotein B 48Apolipoprotein B-100Apolipoprotein B-48Apolipoprotein B-48Apolipoprotein B100FLDB
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108807 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Apolipoprotein B Human ELISA kit (ab108807)
ab108807 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.