alpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA Kit (ab108883)
- Product namealpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA KitSee all alpha 2 Macroglobulin kits ...
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 2 ng/ml
- Range0.002 µg/ml - 0.5 µg/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Alpha 2 Macroglobulin is a major serum protein with diverse functions, including inhibition of protease activity and binding of growth factors, cytokines, and disease factors. Increased serum alpha 2 Macroglobulin has been suggested to be associated with multiple sclerosis (MS), glomerular disease, and with liver diseases.
ab108883 is designed for detection of Human alpha 2 Macroglobulin in saliva, milk and cell culture supernatants. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique that measures alpha 2 Macroglobulin in 4 hours. A polyclonal antibody specific for alpha 2 Macroglobulin has been pre-coated onto a microplate. Alpha 2 Macroglobulin in standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and a biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for alpha 2 Macroglobulin, which is recognized by a streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsELISA, Sandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests alpha 2 Macroglobulin Microplate 1 unit alpha 2 Macroglobulin Standard 1 unit Biotinylated alpha 2 Macroglobulin Antibody (100x) 1 x 80µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 30ml
- C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5A2mA2MD
- A2MG_HUMANAlpha-2-MAlpha-2-macroglobulinC3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5CPAMD5FWP007Pregnancy zone proteinS863-7
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108883 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
alpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA Kit images
ELISA analysis of alpha 2 Macroglobulin in HepG2 cell conditioned media and fresh growth media containing FBS, using ab108883 alpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA Kit. This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for alpha 2 Macroglobulin Human ELISA Kit (ab108883)
ab108883 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.