Anti-alpha Actinin antibody (ab11007)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Actinin antibodySee all alpha Actinin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to alpha Actinin
- SpecificityThis antiserum reacts best with cultered fibroblasts.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Chicken, Dog
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Full length native alpha actinin purified from chicken gizzard.
- General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Purification notesThe antiserum has been treated to remove lipoproteins and is supplied as a delipidized whole antiserum solution.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11007 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 107 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionF-actin cross-linking protein which is thought to anchor actin to a variety of intracellular structures. This is a bundling protein.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-actinin family.
Contains 1 actin-binding domain.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 4 spectrin repeats.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > Z line. Colocalizes with MYOZ2 and PPP3CA at the Z-line of heart and skeletal muscle.
- actinin 1 smooth muscle antibodyActinin alpha 1 antibodyactinin, alpha 1 antibody
- ACTN 1 antibodyACTN1 antibodyACTN1_HUMAN antibodyAlpha Actinin 1 antibodyAlpha actinin cytoskeletal isoform antibodyAlpha-actinin cytoskeletal isoform antibodyAlpha-actinin-1 antibodyF actin cross linking protein antibodyF-actin cross-linking protein antibodyFLJ40884 antibodyFLJ54432 antibodyNon muscle alpha actinin 1 antibodyNon-muscle alpha-actinin-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Actinin antibody images
ab11007 staining alpha Actinin in rat smooth muscle cells from mesenteric artery by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde in PSS for 4 min at 4°C, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton ×100 and blocking with 2%was performed for 30 minutes at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/300: in PSS with 2%BSA and 0.3% Triton X-100) for 14 hours at 4°C. An MFP 555 -conjugated donkey polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used at dilution at 1/400 as secondary antibody.
References for Anti-alpha Actinin antibody (ab11007)
This product has been referenced in:
- Biehl JK et al. Proliferation of mouse embryonic stem cell progeny and the spontaneous contractile activity of cardiomyocytes are affected by microtopography. Dev Dyn 238:1964-73 (2009). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19618471) »
- Harhun MI et al. Interstitial cells from rat middle cerebral artery belong to smooth muscle cell type. J Cell Mol Med 13:4532-9 (2009). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19175686) »