Anti-alpha Actinin antibody [BM 75.2] (ab11008)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Actinin antibody [BM 75.2]See all alpha Actinin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BM 75.2] to alpha Actinin
- SpecificityMonoclonal anti-alpha Actinin specifically stains alpha actinin in cell cultures using indirect immunofluorescent labeling.
- Tested applicationsDouble Immunodiffusion, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Chicken, Human
Cytoskeletal fraction of bovine mammary gland epithelium (BMGE) cultured cells.
- Positive controlchicken fibroblasts
- General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Raw Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBM 75.2
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11008 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Double Immunodiffusion||DID: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 107 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionF-actin cross-linking protein which is thought to anchor actin to a variety of intracellular structures. This is a bundling protein.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-actinin family.
Contains 1 actin-binding domain.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 2 EF-hand domains.
Contains 4 spectrin repeats.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere > Z line. Colocalizes with MYOZ2 and PPP3CA at the Z-line of heart and skeletal muscle.
- actinin 1 smooth muscle antibodyActinin alpha 1 antibodyactinin, alpha 1 antibody
- ACTN 1 antibodyACTN1 antibodyACTN1_HUMAN antibodyAlpha Actinin 1 antibodyAlpha actinin cytoskeletal isoform antibodyAlpha-actinin cytoskeletal isoform antibodyAlpha-actinin-1 antibodyF actin cross linking protein antibodyF-actin cross-linking protein antibodyFLJ40884 antibodyFLJ54432 antibodyNon muscle alpha actinin 1 antibodyNon-muscle alpha-actinin-1 antibody
Anti-alpha Actinin antibody [BM 75.2] images
Anti-alpha Actinin antibody [BM 75.2] (ab11008) (Human whole cell lysate (MDA MB 231 cells))
Sheep anti-mouse HRP
Predicted band size : 107 kDa
Observed band size : 115 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
ab11008 staining alpha Actinin in Human fibrosarcoma cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunoflurescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton. Samples were incubated with 10 µg/ml primary antibody in PBS for 1 hour at 20°C. An Alexa Fluor® -conjugated Donkey monoclonal to mouse IgG, dilution 1/500, was used as secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI.
References for Anti-alpha Actinin antibody [BM 75.2] (ab11008)
This product has been referenced in:
- Averbeck M et al. Switch in syndecan-1 and syndecan-4 expression controls maturation associated dendritic cell motility. Exp Dermatol 16:580-9 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17576238) »
- Meng X et al. Endometrial regenerative cells: a novel stem cell population. J Transl Med 5:57 (2007). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18005405) »