Anti-alpha Fodrin antibody [D8B7] (ab11755)
- Product nameAnti-alpha Fodrin antibody [D8B7]See all Alpha Fodrin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [D8B7] to alpha Fodrin
- SpecificityClone D8B7 is developed against the alpha II spectrin SH3 domain (Xu et al., 2001). Clone D8B7 is a specific marker for human, rat and mouse alpha Fodrin or alpha II spectrin. In cerebellar cell cultures, it labels axons and periphery of cell bodies consistent with localization of fodrin (reviewed in Bennett, 1993; Goodman, 1995 & De Matteis, 2000). It does not crossreact with alpha I (erythroid) spectrin SH3 domain.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IP, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, African Green Monkey, Chinese Hamster
Recombinant alpha Fodrin (non-erythroid spectrin) SH3 domain (Human).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesTissue Cultue Supernatant (Ammonium sulfate precipitated & dialyzed).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberD8B7
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11755 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21059848|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Abreviews.|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/100000 - 1/1e+006.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 297 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/10 - 1/50.|
- FunctionFodrin, which seems to be involved in secretion, interacts with calmodulin in a calcium-dependent manner and is thus candidate for the calcium-dependent movement of the cytoskeleton at the membrane.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SPTAN1 are the cause of epileptic encephalopathy early infantile type 5 (EIEE5) [MIM:613477]. EIEE5 is a disorder characterized by seizures associated with hypsarrhythmia profound mental retardation with lack of visual attention and speech development, as well as spastic quadriplegia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the spectrin family.
Contains 3 EF-hand domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 23 spectrin repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Tyr-1176 decreases sensitivity to cleavage by calpain in vitro.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Expressed along the cell membrane in podocytes and presumptive tubule cells during glomerulogenesis and is expressed along lateral cell margins in tubule cells.
- (ALPHA)II-SPECTRIN antibodyAlpha II Spectrin antibodyAlpha-II spectrin antibody
- brain antibodyEIEE5 antibodyFLJ17738 antibodyFLJ44613 antibodyFodrin alpha chain antibodyFodrin, alpha antibodyNEAS antibodyNon erythrocytic spectrin alpha antibodynon-erythroid alpha chain antibodySPECA antibodySpectrin alpha chain antibodySpectrin alpha chain brain antibodySpectrin alpha non erythrocytic 1 antibodySpectrin antibodySpectrin non erythroid alpha chain antibodySpectrin, alpha, non-erythrocytic 1 (alpha-fodrin) antibodySpectrin, nonerythroid, alpha subunit antibodySpna2 antibodySPTA 2 antibodySPTA2 antibodySPTA2_HUMAN antibodySPTAN 1 antibodySPTAN1 antibody
Anti-alpha Fodrin antibody [D8B7] images
IF using ab11755.
ab11755 at 1/100 staining mouse gut (small bowel) tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step in citrate buffer was performed before the tissue was blocked and incubated with the antibody for 45 minutes. An HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary.
Anti-alpha Fodrin antibody [D8B7] (ab11755) at 1/1000 dilution + 3T3 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
HRP conjugated goat anti-mouse at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 297 kDa
Observed band size : 250 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 3 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-alpha Fodrin antibody [D8B7] (ab11755)
This product has been referenced in:
- Duffy KR et al. Investigation of cytoskeleton proteins in neurons of the cat lateral geniculate nucleus. J Comp Neurol 520:186-99 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Cat . Read more (PubMed: 21800310) »
- O'Connell DJ et al. Integrated protein array screening and high throughput validation of 70 novel neural calmodulin-binding proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1118-32 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20068228) »