Anti-Nucleolin antibody [4E2] - ChIP Grade (ab13541)
- Product nameAnti-Nucleolin antibody [4E2] - ChIP GradeSee all Nucleolin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4E2] to Nucleolin - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, ICC, Flow Cyt, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse
Human nucleolin protein from Raji cell extract.
- Positive controlRaji cell extract.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4E2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13541 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 100 kDa.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19615975(recombinant nucleolin binding in the HPV16 genome).|
- FunctionNucleolin is the major nucleolar protein of growing eukaryotic cells. It is found associated with intranucleolar chromatin and pre-ribosomal particles. It induces chromatin decondensation by binding to histone H1. It is thought to play a role in pre-rRNA transcription and ribosome assembly. May play a role in the process of transcriptional elongation. Binds RNA oligonucleotides with 5'-UUAGGG-3' repeats more tightly than the telomeric single-stranded DNA 5'-TTAGGG-3' repeats.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
modificationsSome glutamate residues are glycylated by TTLL8. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in a glycine chain on the gamma-carboxyl group.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Cytoplasm. Localized in cytoplasmic mRNP granules containing untranslated mRNAs.
- C23 antibodyFLJ45706 antibodyMS1116 antibody
- NCL antibodyNucl antibodyNUCL_HUMAN antibodyNucleolin antibodyProtein C23 antibody
Anti-Nucleolin antibody [4E2] - ChIP Grade images
ab 13541 at a 1/2000 dilution staining U2OS cells by Immunocytochemistry. The antibody was incubated with the cells for 1 hour and then detected using a Alexa-Fluor ® 594 chicken anti-mouse antibody.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Raffaela Santoro on 16 March 2006.
ab13541 at 1µg/ml staining Nucleolin in human colon cancer tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections).
All lanes : Anti-Nucleolin antibody [4E2] - ChIP Grade (ab13541) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Cell lysates prepared from human HL60 cells
Lane 2 : Cell lysates prepared from human ZR-75-1 cells
Predicted band size : 100 kDa
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab13541 (red line). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab13541, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Nucleolin antibody [4E2] - ChIP Grade (ab13541)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cornelissen B et al. 111In-BnDTPA-F3: an Auger electron-emitting radiotherapeutic agent that targets nucleolin. EJNMMI Res 2:9 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22348532) »
- Liang XH et al. Efficient and specific knockdown of small non-coding RNAs in mammalian cells and in mice. Nucleic Acids Res 39:e13 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21062825) »