Anti-Calreticulin antibody - ER Marker (ab14234)
- Product nameAnti-Calreticulin antibody - ER MarkerSee all Calreticulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Calreticulin - ER Marker
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide: AEKQMKDKQDEEQRLKEEEEDKKRKEEEEAEDKEDDEDKD EDEEDEEDKEEDEEEDVPGQAKDEL , corresponding to amino acids 353-416 of Human Calreticulin.
- Positive controlNRK cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14234 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionMolecular calcium-binding chaperone promoting folding, oligomeric assembly and quality control in the ER via the calreticulin/calnexin cycle. This lectin interacts transiently with almost all of the monoglucosylated glycoproteins that are synthesized in the ER. Interacts with the DNA-binding domain of NR3C1 and mediates its nuclear export.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calreticulin family.
- DomainCan be divided into a N-terminal globular domain, a proline-rich P-domain forming an elongated arm-like structure and a C-terminal acidic domain. The P-domain binds one molecule of calcium with high affinity, whereas the acidic C-domain binds multiple calcium ions with low affinity.
The interaction with glycans occurs through a binding site in the globular lectin domain.
The zinc binding sites are localized to the N-domain.
Associates with PDIA3 through the tip of the extended arm formed by the P-domain.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Cell surface. Also found in cell surface (T cells), cytosol and extracellular matrix. Associated with the lytic granules in the cytolytic T-lymphocytes.
- Entrez Gene: 281036 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 811 Human
- Entrez Gene: 12317 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64202 Rat
- Omim: 109091 Human
- SwissProt: P52193 Cow
- SwissProt: P27797 Human
- SwissProt: Q3TVD2 Mouse
- SwissProt: P14211 Mouse
- SwissProt: P15253 Rabbit
- SwissProt: P18418 Rat
- Unigene: 515162 Human
- Unigene: 1971 Mouse
- Unigene: 467043 Mouse
- Unigene: 974 Rat
- Autoantigen RO antibodyCALR antibodyCALR protein antibody
- CALR_HUMAN antibodyCalregulin antibodyCalreticulin antibodycC1qR antibodyCRP55 antibodyCRT antibodyCRTC antibodyEndoplasmic reticulum resident protein 60 antibodyERp60 antibodyFLJ26680 antibodygrp60 antibodyHACBP antibodyRO antibodySicca syndrome antigen A antibodySSA antibody
Anti-Calreticulin antibody - ER Marker images
Predicted band size : 48 kDa
Western blot analysis of Calreticulin in rat kidney NRK cells. ab14234 was used at a 1/2000 dilution using a colorimetric method for signal development.
ab14234 at 1/800 staining human U251mg (glioma) cells by ICC/IF. The cells were formaldehyde fixed and blocked with BSA prior to incubation with the antibody for 1 hour. An Alexa-Fluor ® 647 conjugated goat polyclonal antibody was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-Calreticulin antibody - ER Marker (ab14234)
This product has been referenced in:
- Boyle JP et al. Cellular consequences of the expression of Alzheimer's disease-causing presenilin 1 mutations in human neuroblastoma (SH-SY5Y) cells. Brain Res 1443:75-88 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22297172) »
- Zhou R et al. A role for mitochondria in NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Nature 469:221-5 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21124315) »