Anti-HA tag antibody [4C12] - ChIP Grade (ab1424)
- Product nameAnti-HA tag antibody [4C12] - ChIP GradeSee all HA tag primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4C12] to HA tag - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThe antibody detects HA-tag fused to the C-terminus or N-terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells. The antibody works in ChIP but less well than ab9110 (see ChIP data).
- Tested applicationsELISA, ChIP, ICC, IP, WB more details
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS pH7.2 with 50% glycerol, 1% BSA and 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4C12
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1424 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/1000. PubMed: 17167031|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use a concentration of 3 µg/ml. Use 3 µg per 25 µg chromatin (see figure legend).|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceHuman influenza hemagglutinin (HA) is a surface glycoprotein required for the infectivity of the human virus. The HA tag is derived from the HA molecule corresponding to amino acids 98-106 has been extensively used as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. Many recombinant proteins have been engineered to express the HA tag, which does not appear to interfere with the bioactivity or the biodistribution of the recombinant protein. This tag facilitates the detection, isolation, and purification of the proteins.
- HA epitope tag antibodyhemagglutinin antibody
Anti-HA tag antibody [4C12] - ChIP Grade images
This picture shows baby hamster kidney cell expressing HA-tag CFTR protein. This type of cells were grown on coverslip and immunoflourescence was performed. Dilution of 1:200 was used and incubated for 2hrs with antibody.
Xenopus laevis oocytes were injected with mRNA for HA-tagged human BORIS. Chromatin was prepared according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Oocytes were fixed with formaldehyde for 10min. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 3µg of ab1424 (anti-HA, light blue) and 3µg of ab18337 (anti-BORIS, dark blue), and 20µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. A non-specific antibody was used as a control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach).
Anti-HA tag antibody [4C12] - ChIP Grade (ab1424) at 1/1000 dilution + HEK293T whole cell lysate over-expressing HA-tagged Rab6 at 20 µg
HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal IgG at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 5 seconds
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-HA tag antibody [4C12] - ChIP Grade (ab1424)
This product has been referenced in:
- Narayanan MS & Rudenko G TDP1 is an HMG chromatin protein facilitating RNA polymerase I transcription in African trypanosomes. Nucleic Acids Res : (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23361461) »
- Narayanan MS et al. NLP is a novel transcription regulator involved in VSG expression site control in Trypanosoma brucei. Nucleic Acids Res 39:2018-31 (2011). ChIP . Read more (PubMed: 21076155) »