Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody (ab15081)
- Product nameAnti-Aquaporin 2 antibodySee all Aquaporin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Aquaporin 2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
A 15 aa C terminal peptide from rat AQP2.
- Positive controlRat and human kidney cortex, apical membranes, inner and outer medulla (postranslational or glycosylation).
- General notesIn kidneys the AQP2 protein is mainly expressed in collecting ducts, which plays an important role in determining the final urinary output of water and solutes. The tissue section of this part will be a good positive control.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15081 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionForms a water-specific channel that provides the plasma membranes of renal collecting duct with high permeability to water, thereby permitting water to move in the direction of an osmotic gradient.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in renal collecting tubules.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in AQP2 are the cause of diabetes insipidus nephrogenic autosomal (ANDI) [MIM:125800]; also known as diabetes insipidus nephrogenic type 2. ANDI is caused by the inability of the renal collecting ducts to absorb water in response to arginine vasopressin. It is characterized by excessive water drinking (polydypsia), excessive urine excretion (polyuria), persistent hypotonic urine, and hypokalemia. Inheritance can be autosomal dominant or recessive.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MIP/aquaporin (TC 1.A.8) family.
- DomainAquaporins contain two tandem repeats each containing three membrane-spanning domains and a pore-forming loop with the signature motif Asn-Pro-Ala (NPA).
modificationsSer-256 phosphorylation is necessary and sufficient for expression at the apical membrane. Endocytosis is not phosphorylation-dependent.
- Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Shuttles from vesicles to the apical membrane.
- ADH water channel antibodyAQP 2 antibodyAQP CD antibody
- AQP-2 antibodyAQP-CD antibodyAQP2 antibodyAQP2_HUMAN antibodyAQPCD antibodyAquaporin 2 collecting duct antibodyAquaporin CD antibodyAquaporin-2 antibodyAquaporin-CD antibodyAquaporin2 antibodyAquaporine 2 antibodyCollecting duct water channel protein antibodyMGC34501 antibodyWater channel aquaporin 2 antibodyWater channel protein for renal collecting duct antibodyWCH CD antibodyWCH-CD antibodyWCHCD antibody
Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody images
ab15081 staining Aquaporin 2 in rat kidney tissue section by IHC(P). Tissue underwent fixation in formalin, embedded in paraffin, heat mediated antigen retrieval in 10mM EDTA buffer pH 8.0 and blocking in 5% serum for 20 minutes at 20°C. The primary antibody, diluted 1/300 in TBSTween and incubated with sample for 1 hour at 20°C. A HRP conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit was used undiluted as the secondary.
ab15081at a 1/250 dilution staining Aquaporin 2 in human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry (formalin fixed, paraffin embedded sections), incubated for 20 minutes at 25°C. Heat mediated retrieval step performed using EDTA at 100°C for 20 minutes. Secondary used undiluted monoclonal Goat anti-rabbit, Leica Refine, HRP polymer.
References for Anti-Aquaporin 2 antibody (ab15081)
This product has been referenced in:
- Thoroddsen A et al. The Water Permeability Channels Aquaporins 1-4 Are Differentially Expressed in Granulosa and Theca Cells of the Preovulatory Follicle during Precise Stages of Human Ovulation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1021-8 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21252246) »
- Thoroddsen A et al. The water permeability channels aquaporins 1-4 are differentially expressed in granulosa and theca cells of the preovulatory follicle during precise stages of human ovulation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1021-8 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21252246) »