Anti-SCP3 antibody (ab15093)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tris citrate/phosphate. pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15093 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: 1/500. (see Abreview)|
- FunctionComponent of the transverse filaments of synaptonemal complexes (SCS), formed between homologous chromosomes during meiotic prophase. Has an essential meiotic function in spermatogenesis. May be important for testis development.
- Tissue specificityTestis-specific.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SYCP3 are a cause of azoospermia due to perturbations of meiosis (AZSPM) [MIM:270960]. AZSPM is a condition of having no sperm present in the ejaculate. Testicular histology shows arrest of spermatogenesis at the pachytene stage of primary spermatocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the XLR/SYCP3 family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. In tripartite segments of synaptonemal complexes, irrespective of whether these are synapsed or unsynapsed.
- choline phosphotransferase 1 antibodychpt1 antibodyCOR 1 antibody
- COR1 antibodyMGC71888 antibodyRNASCP3 antibodySCP 3 antibodySCP-3 antibodySycp 3 antibodySycp3 antibodySYCP3_HUMAN antibodySynaptonemal complex protein 3 antibody
Anti-SCP3 antibody images
SCP3 labeled in mouse pachytene preparation (red), using ab15093. CDK2 staining, near teleomeres, is also present (green).
Ab15093 staining human normal testis tissue. Staining is localized to nuclear compartment.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS), then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes, and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab15093 staining SCP3 in pig spermatocytes by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton x100 and blocking with 0.15% BSA was performed for 30 minutes at 250C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100: in PBT: PBS + 0.15% BSA+0.1% Tween 20) for 12 hours at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor®594-conjugated donkey polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used at dilution at 1/100 as secondary antibody.
ab15093 staining SCP3 (green) in Rat testis (spermatocytes) tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 and blocked with 5% BSA for 2 hours at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS) for 2 hours at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were stained by DAPI (blue).
References for Anti-SCP3 antibody (ab15093)
This product has been referenced in:
- Childs AJ et al. LIN28 Is Selectively Expressed by Primordial and Pre-Meiotic Germ Cells in the Human Fetal Ovary. Stem Cells Dev : (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22296229) »
- Berkowitz KM et al. Disruption of CHTF18 causes defective meiotic recombination in male mice. PLoS Genet 8:e1002996 (2012). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23133398) »