Anti-beta Tubulin antibody (ab15568)
- Product nameAnti-beta Tubulin antibodySee all beta Tubulin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to beta Tubulin
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Guinea pig, Pig, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Gerbil, Sea Urchin, Fungi
Synthetic peptide: NDLVSEYQQYQDATA, corresponding to amino acids 416-430 of Human beta Tubulin.
- Positive controlMAD109 cells, Skin and lung, HeLa cell line
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: Sodium Azide
Constituents: 10mM PBS, BSA. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15568 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19509307|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200. Antigen retrieval is not essential but may optimise staining.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
- FunctionTubulin is the major constituent of microtubules. It binds two moles of GTP, one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain and one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed with highest levels in spleen, thymus and immature brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tubulin family.
- DomainThe highly acidic C-terminal region may bind cations such as calcium.
modificationsSome glutamate residues at the C-terminus are polyglutamylated. This modification occurs exclusively on glutamate residues and results in polyglutamate chains on the gamma-carboxyl group. Also monoglycylated but not polyglycylated due to the absence of functional TTLL10 in human. Monoglycylation is mainly limited to tubulin incorporated into axonemes (cilia and flagella) whereas glutamylation is prevalent in neuronal cells, centrioles, axonemes, and the mitotic spindle. Both modifications can coexist on the same protein on adjacent residues, and lowering glycylation levels increases polyglutamylation, and reciprocally. The precise function of such modifications is still unclear but they regulate the assembly and dynamics of axonemal microtubules.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Entrez Gene: 396254 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 533307 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 203068 Human
- Entrez Gene: 22154 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 733686 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29214 Rat
- Omim: 191130 Human
- SwissProt: Q2KJD0 Cow
- SwissProt: P07437 Human
- SwissProt: P99024 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q767L7 Pig
- SwissProt: P69897 Rat
- Unigene: 636480 Human
- Unigene: 714425 Human
- Unigene: 273538 Mouse
- Unigene: 2458 Rat
- Beta 4 tubulin antibodyBeta 5 tubulin antibodybeta Ib tubulin antibody
- Beta1 tubulin antibodyClass I beta tubulin antibodyM40 antibodyMGC117247 antibodyMGC16435 antibodyOK/SW cl.56 antibodyOK/SWcl.56 antibodyTBB5_HUMAN antibodyTUBB 1 antibodyTUBB 2 antibodyTUBB 5 antibodyTUBB antibodyTUBB1 antibodyTUBB2 antibodyTUBB5 antibodytubulin beta 1 chain antibodyTubulin beta 2 chain antibodytubulin beta 5 chain antibodyTubulin beta chain antibodyTubulin beta class I antibodyTubulin beta polypeptide antibodyTubulin beta-2 chain antibodyTubulin beta-5 chain antibody
Anti-beta Tubulin antibody images
ab15568 staining beta Tubulin in human lung by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
All lanes : Anti-beta Tubulin antibody (ab15568) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 2 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
Anti-beta Tubulin antibody (ab15568) at 1 µg/ml +
beta Tubulin protein (Tagged) (ab70187) at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab15568 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15568, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-beta Tubulin antibody (ab15568)
This product has been referenced in:
- Park KY et al. Epigenetic regulation of the calcitonin gene-related peptide gene in trigeminal glia. Cephalalgia 31:614-24 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21216873) »
- Dyavaiah M et al. Autophagy-dependent regulation of the DNA damage response protein ribonucleotide reductase 1. Mol Cancer Res 9:462-75 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21343333) »