Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] (FITC) - Microglial marker (ab15691)
- Product nameAnti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] (FITC) - Microglial markerSee all Iba1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1022-5] to Iba1 - Microglial marker (FITC)
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Human)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1022-5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15691 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 10µl for 106 cells.|
- FunctionActin-binding protein that enhances membrane ruffling and RAC activation. Enhances the actin-bundling activity of LCP1. Binds calcium. Plays a role in RAC signaling and in phagocytosis. May play a role in macrophage activation and function. Promotes the proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells and of T-lymphocytes. Enhances lymphocyte migration. Plays a role in vascular inflammation.
- Tissue specificityDetected in T-lymphocytes and peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 EF-hand domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cell projection > ruffle membrane. Associated with the actin cytoskeleton at membrane ruffles and at sites of phagocytosis.
- AIF 1 antibodyAIF 1 antibodyAIF-1 antibody
- AIF1 antibodyAIF1 protein antibodyAIF1_HUMAN antibodyallograft inflammatory factor 1 antibodyAllograft inflammatory factor 1 splice variant G antibodyallograft inflammatory factor-1 splice variant Hara-1 antibodyballoon angioplasty responsive transcription antibodyBART 1 antibodyG1 antibodyG1 putative splice variant of allograft inflamatory factor 1 antibodyIBA 1 antibodyIBA 1 antibodyIBA1 antibodyinterferon gamma responsive transcript antibodyinterferon responsive transcript factor 1 antibodyIonized calcium binding adapter molecule 1 antibodyIonized calcium-binding adapter molecule 1 antibodyionized calcium-binding adapter molecule antibodyIRT 1 antibodyIRT 1 antibodyIRT1 antibodyMicroglia response factor antibodyMRF1 antibodyProtein G1 antibody
Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] (FITC) - Microglial marker images
Overlay histogram showing THP1 cells stained with ab15691 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab15691, 10µl/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b (FITC) (ab91368, 10µl/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in THP1 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-Iba1 antibody [1022-5] (FITC) - Microglial marker (ab15691)
This product has been referenced in:
- Schluesener HJ et al. Effects of autoantigen and dexamethasone treatment on expression of endothelial-monocyte activating polypeptide II and allograft-inflammatory factor-1 by activated macrophages and microglial cells in lesions of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, neuritis and uveitis. Acta Neuropathol (Berl) 97:119-26 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 9928822) »
- Schluesener HJ et al. Allograft-inflammatory factor-1 in rat experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, neuritis, and uveitis: expression by activated macrophages and microglial cells. Glia 24:244-51 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9728770) »