Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) antibody [TRA-1-60] - Embryonic Stem Cell Marker (ab16288)
- Product nameAnti-TRA-1-60 (R) antibody [TRA-1-60] - Embryonic Stem Cell MarkerSee all TRA-1-60 (R) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TRA-1-60] to TRA-1-60 (R) - Embryonic Stem Cell Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with the TRA-1-60 antigen that is expressed upon the surface of human tetracarcinoma stem cells (EC), human embryonic germ cells (EG) and human embryonic stem cells (ES). No immunoreactivity is seen with murine EC, EG or ES cells. Both the TRA-1-60 and TRA-1-81 monoclonal antibodies recognize antigens that are associated with a pericellular matrix proteoglycan. TRA-1-60 reacts with a neuraminidase resistant epitope whilst TRA-1-81 reacts with an unknown epitope of the same molecule. The epitopes for both TRA-1-81 and TRA-1-60 are not confined to human EC cells, but are also found on several neoplastic and normal tissues, though in a different pattern for each antibody. TRA-1-81 immunoprecipitates a 420kDa and a 250kDa protein and TRA-1-60 immunoprecipitates a 235kDa and a 410kDa protein from lysates of human EC cells.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ICC, RIA, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
Human embryonal carcinoma cell line 2102Ep cl.2A6.
- General notesThe myeloma was fused with a spleen from a Balb/c mouse.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Purification notesTissue culture supernatant was cross flow concentrated and buffer exchanged to PBS
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberTRA-1-60
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16288 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20674000|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 10 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 250 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 235 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|RIA||RIA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceThe monoclonal antibody TRA-1-60 is a marker of Human Embryonic Stem, Germ and Carcinoma Cells but Not Mouse Embryonic Stem, Germ or Carcinoma Cells. The core protein recognised by TRA-1-60 has not been identified but the antibody is thought to recognise carbohydrate epitopes associated with a high molecular weight proteoglycan. The TRA antibodies are named after the Battle of Trafalgar; TRA does not stand for "Tumor Rejection Antigen" as is believed by some.
- Cellular localizationCell Membrane
Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) antibody [TRA-1-60] - Embryonic Stem Cell Marker images
All lanes : Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) antibody [TRA-1-60] - Embryonic Stem Cell Marker (ab16288) at 10 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat F(ab')2 polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgM - mu chain (HRP) (ab5930) at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 235 kDa
Observed band size : 250 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Anti-TRA-1-60 antibody, ab16288, can be used as a marker of human embryonic stem cells. DAPI staining is shown in the top panel while TRA-1-81 staining with ab16288 is shown in the lower panel.
ab16288 staining the Embryonic Stem Cell Marker in HUES7 cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunoflurescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton and blocked in 10% serum for 1 hour at 24°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody, dilution 1/500 (1% Serum, 0.1% Triton in PBS), for 1 hour at 37°C. An Alexa Fluor® 647-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG, dilution 1/100, was used as secondary antibody.
References for Anti-TRA-1-60 (R) antibody [TRA-1-60] - Embryonic Stem Cell Marker (ab16288)
This product has been referenced in:
- Qin H et al. Transcriptional analysis of pluripotency reveals the Hippo pathway as a barrier to reprogramming. Hum Mol Genet 21:2054-67 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22286172) »
- Huang B et al. A Virus-Free Poly-Promoter Vector Induces Pluripotency in Quiescent Bovine Cells under Chemically Defined Conditions of Dual Kinase Inhibition. PLoS One 6:e24501 (2011). ICC/IF ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 21912700) »