Anti-NeuroD1 antibody (ab16508)
- Product nameAnti-NeuroD1 antibodySee all NeuroD1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NeuroD1
- Specificityab16508 is raised against an immunogen specific for human, rat and mouse NeuroD1. The immunizing peptide also has 100% identity (based on a BLAST search) with mouse and rat NeuroD2, human NeuroD4, mouse and human NeuroD6 and rat MIST1.
- Tested applicationsIHC-Fr, IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, ICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Apteronotus leptorhynchus
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Human NeuroD1.
- Positive controlWB: P0 mouse and rat brain tissue lysate. ICC/IF: fixed cultures of murine neurones differentiated for 3 days from murine neocortical precursor cells (E14).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20531234|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38-43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38-43 kDa).Can be blocked with NeuroD1 peptide (ab17100).|
- FunctionDifferentiation factor required for dendrite morphogenesis and maintenance in the cerebellar cortex. Transcriptional activator. Binds to the insulin gene E-box.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEUROD1 are the cause of maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 6 (MODY6) [MIM:606394]. MODY is a form of diabetes that is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset in childhood or early adulthood (usually before 25 years of age), a primary defect in insulin secretion and frequent insulin-independence at the beginning of the disease.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated. In islet cells, phosphorylated on Ser-274 upon glucose stimulation; which may be required for nuclear localization. In activated neurons, phosphorylated on Ser-335; which promotes dendritic growth.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- atonal antibodybasic helix loop helix transcription factor antibodyBETA 2 antibody
- Beta cell E box transactivator 2 antibodyBETA2 antibodyBETA2 antibodyBHF 1 antibodyBHF1 antibodyBHF1 antibodybHLHa3 antibodyclass A basic helix loop helix protein 3 antibodyClass A basic helix-loop-helix protein 3 antibodyMODY 6 antibodyMODY6 antibodyNDF1_HUMAN antibodyNEUROD antibodyNeuroD1 antibodyNeurogenic differentiation 1 antibodyNeurogenic differentiation factor 1 antibodyNeurogenic differentiation factor 1 antibodyneurogenic helix loop helix protein NEUROD antibodyNIDDM antibodyNIDDM antibody
Anti-NeuroD1 antibody images
[A] green = ab16508 Rabbit polyclonal antibody to NeuroD1 staining (5ug/ml)) in a fixed culture of murine neurons, differentiated for 3 days, from murine neocortical precursor cells (E14). Neurons shown emanated from the site of a neurosphere (top-left corner) which was removed prior to imaging).
Alexa Fluor 488 secondary goat anti-rabbit antibody was used for detection (@ 1/400). Strong punctate nuclear and diffuse cytosolic NeuroD1 labelling at is observed.
[B] red = mouse monoclonal anti-MAP (microtubule marker) with goat anti-mouse Alexa Fluor 568 (1/400) secondary antibody.
[C] blue = TO-PRO-3 (nuclear) staining
[D] Overlay of A, B an
All lanes : Anti-NeuroD1 antibody (ab16508) at 1 µg
Lane 1 : P0 Mouse Brain Tissue
Lane 2 : P0 Rat Brain Tissue
Lane 3 : U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma astrocytoma) Whole Cell Lysate (NEGATIVE CONTROL)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 38-43 kDa
Observed band size : 43 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 20 minutes
NeuroD1 is not expressed in U-87 MG (lane 3 - negative control)
References for Anti-NeuroD1 antibody (ab16508)
This product has been referenced in:
- Klisch TJ et al. In vivo Atoh1 targetome reveals how a proneural transcription factor regulates cerebellar development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3288-93 (2011). ICC/IF ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21300888) »
- Puligilla C et al. Sox2 induces neuronal formation in the developing mammalian cochlea. J Neurosci 30:714-22 (2010). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20071536) »