Anti-XAF1 antibody (ab17204)
- Product nameAnti-XAF1 antibodySee all XAF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to XAF1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) (within the last 35 amino acids of C terminal end).
- Positive controlHuman spleen cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17204 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 18485100|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 32 kDa.Can be blocked with XAF1 peptide (305-317) (ab39906). A higher 50kDa band is present at times (lot dependent). This band is not blocked by the immunogen. We do not know the identity of this extra band.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionSeems to function as a negative regulator of members of the IAP (inhibitor of apoptosis protein) family. Inhibits anti-caspase activity of BIRC4. Induces cleavage and inactivation of BIRC4 independent of caspase activation. Mediates TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis and is involved in apoptosis in trophoblast cells. May inhibit BIRC4 indirectly by activating the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. After translocation to mitochondra, promotes translocation of BAX to mitochondria and cytochrome c release from mitochondria. Seems to promote the redistribution of BIRC4 from the cytoplasm to the nucleus, probably independent of BIRC4 inactivation which seems to occur in the cytoplasm. The BIRC4-XAF1 complex mediates down-regulation of BIRC5/survivin; the process requires the E3 ligase activity of BIRC4. Seems to be involved in cellular sensitivity to the proapoptotic actions of TRAIL. May be a tumor suppressor by mediating apoptosis resistance of cancer cells.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expression is frequently down-regulated in cancer cell lines. Isoform 5 is widely expressed. Expressed in placenta (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 TRAF-type zinc finger.
- Developmental stageSelectively expressed in third trimester placenta.
- Cellular localizationNucleus and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Mitochondrion. Found in the cytoplasm and nucleus of placental syncytiotrophoblasts. Translocates to mitochondria upon TNF-alpha treatment.
- BIRC 4 binding protein antibodyBIRC4 binding protein antibodyBIRC4-binding protein antibody
- BIRC4BP antibodyHSXIAPAF 1 antibodyHSXIAPAF1 antibodyXAF 1 antibodyXAF1 antibodyXAF1_HUMAN antibodyXIAP associated factor 1 antibodyXIAP-associated factor 1 antibodyXIAPAF1 antibody
Anti-XAF1 antibody images
Lane 1 : Anti-XAF1 antibody (ab17204) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-XAF1 antibody (ab17204) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-XAF1 antibody (ab17204) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human spleen lysate
Lane 2 : Human spleen lysate
Lane 3 : Human spleen lysate
Observed band size : 32 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Higher 50kDa band presence is lot dependent. This band is not blocked by the immunogen.
ab17204 at 2µg/ml staining XAF1 in human spleen tissue by IHC
ICC/IF image of ab17204 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab17204, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-XAF1 antibody (ab17204)
This product has been referenced in:
- Long X et al. XAF1 contributes to dengue virus-induced apoptosis in vascular endothelial cells. FASEB J 27:1062-73 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23207547) »
- Wang Y et al. Targeted proteasome inhibition by Velcade induces apoptosis in human mesothelioma and breast cancer cell lines. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:455-66 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19960346) »