Anti-CIAS1 / NALP3 antibody [nalpy3-b] (ab17267)
- Product nameAnti-CIAS1 / NALP3 antibody [nalpy3-b]See all CIAS1 / NALP3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [nalpy3-b] to CIAS1 / NALP3
- SpecificityRecognizes human NALP3. Detects endogenous protein by IP and WB.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant human NALP3 (NACHT-, LRR- and PYD-containing protein 3) (pyrin domain).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbernalpy3-b
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17267 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21385879|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 118 kDa.|
- FunctionMay function as an inducer of apoptosis. Interacts selectively with ASC and this complex may function as an upstream activator of NF-kappa-B signaling. Inhibits TNF-alpha induced activation and nuclear translocation of RELA/NF-KB p65. Also inhibits transcriptional activity of RELA. Activates caspase-1 in response to a number of triggers including bacterial or viral infection which leads to processing and release of IL1B and IL18.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in blood leukocytes. Strongly expressed in polymorphonuclear cells and osteoblasts. Undetectable or expressed at a lower magnitude in B- and T-lymphoblasts, respectively. High level of expression detected in chondrocytes. Detected in non-keratinizing epithelia of oropharynx, esophagus and ectocervix and in the urothelial layer of the bladder.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in NLRP3 are the cause of familial cold autoinflammatory syndrome type 1 (FCAS1) [MIM:120100]; also known as familial cold urticaria. FCAS are rare autosomal dominant systemic inflammatory diseases characterized by episodes of rash, arthralgia, fever and conjunctivitis after generalized exposure to cold.
Defects in NLRP3 are a cause of Muckle-Wells syndrome (MWS) [MIM:191900]; also known as urticaria-deafness-amyloidosis syndrome. MWS is a hereditary periodic fever syndrome characterized by fever, chronic recurrent urticaria, arthralgias, progressive sensorineural deafness, and reactive renal amyloidosis. The disease may be severe if generalized amyloidosis occurs.
Defects in NLRP3 are the cause of chronic infantile neurologic cutaneous and articular syndrome (CINCA) [MIM:607115]; also known as neonatal onset multisystem inflammatory disease (NOMID). CINCA is a rare congenital inflammatory disorder characterized by a triad of neonatal onset of cutaneous symptoms, chronic meningitis and joint manifestations with recurrent fever and inflammation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NLRP family.
Contains 1 DAPIN domain.
Contains 9 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 NACHT domain.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- AGTAVPRL antibodyAII/AVP antibodyAngiotensin/vasopressin receptor AII/AVP like antibody
- Angiotensin/vasopressin receptor AII/AVP-like antibodyC1orf7 antibodyCaterpiller protein 1.1 antibodyCIAS 1 antibodyCIAS1 antibodyCLR1.1 antibodyCold autoinflammatory syndrome 1 antibodyCold autoinflammatory syndrome 1 protein antibodyCryopyrin antibodyFamilial cold autoinflammatory syndrome antibodyFCAS antibodyFCU antibodyLRR and PYD domains-containing protein 3 antibodyMuckle-Wells syndrome antibodyMWS antibodyNACHT antibodyNACHT LRR and PYD containing protein 3 antibodyNALP 3 antibodyNALP3 antibodyNALP3_HUMAN antibodyNLRP3 antibodyPYPAF 1 antibodyPYPAF1 antibodyPYRIN containing APAF1 like protein 1 antibodyPYRIN-containing APAF1-like protein 1 antibody
Anti-CIAS1 / NALP3 antibody [nalpy3-b] images
Staining of endogenous NALP3 in epithelial layer of human tonsil (frozen section) using ab17267. Method: 5μM frozen sections of tissue are dried and fixed with acetone. Tissue is washed with PBS and incubated with ab17267.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Varicella-Zoster Virus-infected Human skin xenografts in SCID mice, staining CIAS1 / NALP3 (green) with ab17267.
Antigen retrieval was performed using the pressure cooker method in the presence of sodium citrate, pH 6. Sections were blocked with 0.5% fish gelatin before staining with primary antibody. An AlexaFluor®488-conjugated anti-mouse IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-CIAS1 / NALP3 antibody [nalpy3-b] (ab17267)
This product has been referenced in:
- Cho KA et al. IL-17 and IL-22 enhance skin inflammation by stimulating the secretion of IL-1ß by keratinocytes via the ROS-NLRP3-caspase-1 pathway. Int Immunol 24:147-58 (2012). Human . Read more (PubMed: 22207130) »
- Petterson T et al. Effects of NOD-like receptors in human B lymphocytes and crosstalk between NOD1/NOD2 and Toll-like receptors. J Leukoc Biol 89:177-87 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20844241) »