Anti-Histone H2A (acetyl K5) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab1764)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H2A (acetyl K5) antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Histone H2A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H2A (acetyl K5) - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityHistone H2A acetylated at lysine 5.
- Tested applicationsChIP, ELISA, IP, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, all Mammals, Asian Toad (Bufo)
Synthetic peptide: SGRGKAcQGGKYC conjugated to Ovalbumin.
- Positive controlHL60 cells treated with butyrate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferserum with 0.02% sodium azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1764 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IF (metaphase spread of fresh cells): Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/800 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 20 kDa. Use 5% BSA in TBST to block.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
We advise you to centrifuge this product vial before use.
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H2A family.
modificationsThe chromatin-associated form is phosphorylated on Thr-121 during mitosis.
Deiminated on Arg-4 in granulocytes upon calcium entry.
Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RING1 and RNF2/RING2 complex gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression and participates in X chromosome inactivation of female mammals. It is involved in the initiation of both imprinted and random X inactivation. Ubiquitinated H2A is enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin. Ubiquitination of H2A functions downstream of methylation of 'Lys-27' of histone H3. Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RNF2/RING2 can also be induced by ultraviolet and may be involved in DNA repair. Following DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs), it is ubiquitinated through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 ligase UBE2N and the E3 ligases RNF8 and RNF168, leading to the recruitment of repair proteins to sites of DNA damage. Monoubiquitination and ionizing radiation-induced 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination are distinct events.
Phosphorylation on Ser-2 is enhanced during mitosis. Phosphorylation on Ser-2 by RPS6KA5/MSK1 directly represses transcription. Acetylation of H3 inhibits Ser-2 phosphorylation by RPS6KA5/MSK1.
Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 8337 Human
- Entrez Gene: 317772 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8338 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3012 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8335 Human
- Omim: 602786 Human
- Omim: 142720 Human
- Omim: 602797 Human
- SwissProt: Q99878 Human
- SwissProt: Q93077 Human
- SwissProt: P04908 Human
- Unigene: 408067 Human
- Unigene: 121017 Human
- Unigene: 248174 Human
- H2A antibodyH2A1B_HUMAN antibodyH2AFM antibody
- HIST1H2A antibodyHIST1H2AE antibodyHistone H2A type 1-B/E antibodyHistone H2A.2 antibodyHistone H2A/a antibodyHistone H2A/m antibody
Anti-Histone H2A (acetyl K5) antibody - ChIP Grade images
ab1764 staining Female Embryonic Stem cells differentiated for 7 days by immunocytochemistry. The antibody was used at a dilution of 1/200 and incubated with the cells for 1 hour. Bound antibody was detected with a FITC conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal antibody.
DAPI counterstain is shown pseudocoloured as white on the right of the image (b). Centric heterochromatin was underacetylated in differentiated cells (arrowhead in a). A pale staining chromosome was observed at high frequencies; previoulsy shown to be the inactive female X chromosome (arrow in a).
This image is courtesy of an Abreview by Hugh Spotswood submitted on 13 February 2006.
Observed band size : 15 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-Histone H2A (acetyl K5) antibody - ChIP Grade (ab1764)
This product has been referenced in:
- Michishita E et al. SIRT6 is a histone H3 lysine 9 deacetylase that modulates telomeric chromatin. Nature : (2008). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18337721) »
- Garcia SN et al. Mrg15 null and heterozygous mouse embryonic fibroblasts exhibit DNA-repair defects post exposure to gamma ionizing radiation. FEBS Lett 581:5275-81 (2007). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 17961556) »