Anti-c-Fos (phospho T232) antibody (ab17933)
- Product nameAnti-c-Fos (phospho T232) antibodySee all c-Fos primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to c-Fos (phospho T232)
- Tested applicationsICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from the region of human c-Fos that contains Threonine 232. The sequence is conserved in mouse and rat.
- Positive controlSKBR3 cells treated with EGF.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 1mg/ml BSA. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated c-Fos. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a c-Fos-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at threonine 232.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17933 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa). Another band is sometimes detected at approximately 100 kDa. This protein dimerizes with c-Jun, a ~40 kDa protein. This may account for the second band.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNuclear phosphoprotein which forms a tight but non-covalently linked complex with the JUN/AP-1 transcription factor. In the heterodimer, FOS and JUN/AP-1 basic regions each seems to interact with symmetrical DNA half sites. On TGF-beta activation, forms a multimeric SMAD3/SMAD4/JUN/FOS complex at the AP1/SMAD-binding site to regulate TGF-beta-mediated signaling. Has a critical function in regulating the Has a critical function in regulating the development of cells destined to form and maintain the skeleton. It is thought to have an important role in signal transduction, cell proliferation and differentiation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. Fos subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated in the C-terminal upon stimulation by nerve growth factor (NGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF). Phosphorylated, in vitro, by MAPK and RSK1. Phosphorylation on both Ser-362 and Ser-374 by MAPK1/2 and RSK1/2 leads to protein stabilization with phosphorylation on Ser-374 being the major site for protein stabilization on NGF stimulation. Phosphorylation on Ser-362 and Ser-374 primes further phosphorylations on Thr-325 and Thr-331 through promoting docking of MAPK to the DEF domain. Phosphorylation on Thr-232, induced by HA-RAS, activates the transcriptional activity and antagonizes sumoylation. Phosphorylation on Ser-362 by RSK2 in osteoblasts contributes to osteoblast transformation.
Constitutively sumoylated by SUMO1, SUMO2 and SUMO3. Desumoylated by SENP2. Sumoylation requires heterodimerization with JUN and is enhanced by mitogen stimulation. Sumoylation inhibits the AP-1 transcriptional activity and is, itself, inhibited by Ras-activated phosphorylation on Thr-232.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activator protein 1 antibodyAP 1 antibodyCellular oncogene c fos antibody
- Cellular oncogene fos antibodyCellular oncogene fos antibodyFBJ murine osteosarcoma viral (v fos) oncogene homolog (oncogene FOS) antibodyFBJ murine osteosarcoma viral v fos oncogene homolog antibodyFBJ murine osteosarcoma viral v fos oncogene homolog antibodyFBJ Osteosarcoma Virus antibodyFBJ Osteosarcoma Virus antibodyFOS antibodyFOS protein antibodyFOS_HUMAN antibodyG0 G1 switch regulatory protein 7 antibodyG0 G1 switch regulatory protein 7 antibodyG0/G1 switch regulatory protein 7 antibodyG0S7 antibodyG0S7 antibodyOncogene FOS antibodyOncogene FOS antibodyp55 antibodyproto oncogene c Fos antibodyProto oncogene protein c fos antibodyProto oncogene protein c fos antibodyProto-oncogene c-Fos antibodyv fos FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibodyv fos FBJ murine osteosarcoma viral oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-c-Fos (phospho T232) antibody images
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Lysates prepared from SKBR3 cells were resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 10% polyacrylamide gel and transferred to PVDF. Membranes were blocked with a 3% Milk-TBST buffer for one hour at room temperature, and incubated with c-Fos [pT232] antibody for two hours at room temperature in a 3% Milk-TBST buffer, following prior incubation with: no peptide (1), the non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the immunogen (2), a generic phosphothreonine-containing peptide (3), or, the phosphopeptide immunogen (4). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate and bands were detected using the Pierce SuperSignal™ method. The data show that only the peptide corresponding to c-Fos [pT232] blocks the signal, thereby demonstrating the specificity of the antibody. While c-Fos [pT232] is phosphorylated in the basal state of SKBR3, EGF treatment induced an increase in the phosphorylation signal (data not shown).
ab17933 detecting nuclear staining of phosphorylated T232 c-Fos (green colour) in [A] unstimulated cells and [B] NGF stimulated (100 ng/ml for 2 min) adult dorsal root ganglion (DRG) cells cultured for 2 days. ab17933 was used at 1/300 (incubated for 2h at room temperature). Secondary antibody used is anti-rabbit alexa fluor 488 (at 1/1000 for 1hr at room temperature). The cytoplasm of these DRG cells are immunofluorescent for the neuronal marker beta III tubulin (orange colour). The cell diameter is approx. 25
References for Anti-c-Fos (phospho T232) antibody (ab17933)
This product has been referenced in:
- Shields SD et al. Sodium channel Na(v)1.7 is essential for lowering heat pain threshold after burn injury. J Neurosci 32:10819-32 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22875917) »
- Wu G et al. Complement regulator CD59 protects against angiotensin II-induced abdominal aortic aneurysms in mice. Circulation 121:1338-46 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20212283) »