Anti-AP2 beta antibody [AP2b 1F3/8] (ab18113)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberAP2b 1F3/8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18113 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionSequence-specific DNA-binding protein that interacts with inducible viral and cellular enhancer elements to regulate transcription of selected genes. AP-2 factors bind to the consensus sequence 5'-GCCNNNGGC-3' and activate genes involved in a large spectrum of important biological functions including proper eye, face, body wall, limb and neural tube development. They also suppress a number of genes including MCAM/MUC18, C/EBP alpha and MYC. AP-2-beta appears to be required for normal face and limb development and for proper terminal differentiation and function of renal tubular epithelia.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TFAP2B are the cause of Char syndrome (CHAR) [MIM:169100]. CHAR is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by patent ductus arteriosus (PDA), facial dysmorphism and hand anomalies.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the AP-2 family.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-21; which inhibits transcriptional activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Activating enhancer binding protein 2 beta antibodyActivating enhancer-binding protein 2-beta antibodyAP 2B antibody
- AP2 B antibodyAP2-beta antibodyAP2B antibodyAP2B_HUMAN antibodyAP2beta antibodyMGC21381 antibodyOTTHUMP00000039925 antibodyTFAP 2B antibodyTFAP2B antibodyTranscription factor AP 2 beta antibodyTranscription factor AP-2-beta antibodyTranscription factor AP2 beta antibody
Anti-AP2 beta antibody [AP2b 1F3/8] images
ab18113 at 1/300 staining perfusion fixed rat brain tissue sections by IHC-Fr. Adult rat was perfused intracardially with paraformaldehyde 4% + 15% of a saturated solution of picric acid in PB 0.2M. The brain was post-fixed in the same fixative for 24 hours. Sections were cryoprotected with sucrose 20% and later frozen in OCT. Sections were incubated in free floating 12h with the primary antibody (1/300) and revealed with secondary antibody conjugated with Alexa Fluor ® 488 (1/2000). The staining obtained is restricted to the cytoplasm and consists of a small and thin punctate staining (white arrows). The pictures show the staining obtained in cortical neurons, with the X20 (top picture) and X40 (bottom picture) objective.
References for Anti-AP2 beta antibody [AP2b 1F3/8] (ab18113)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ebauer M et al. Comparative expression profiling identifies an in vivo target gene signature with TFAP2B as a mediator of the survival function of PAX3/FKHR. Oncogene 26:7267-81 (2007). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17525748) »