Anti-Firefly Luciferase antibody (ab21176)
- Product nameAnti-Firefly Luciferase antibodySee all Firefly Luciferase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Firefly Luciferase
- SpecificityThe antibody identifies by immunocyotochemistry recombinant luciferase in cultured HEK293 cells transfected with a plasmid bearing the luciferase gene.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Firefly (Photinus pyralis)
Full length native protein (purified) (Firefly (Photinus pyralis)).
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21176 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevanceLuciferase from the firefly has become one of the more widely used reporter proteins for the study of gene expression. Luciferase catalyzes a bioluminescent reaction which requires the substrate luciferin as well as Mg2+ and ATP. Mixing these reagents with the cell extract containing luciferase, results in a flash of light that decays rapidly. This light can be detected by a luminometer. The total light emission is proportional to the luciferase activity of the sample.
- Cellular localizationPeroxisome
- SwissProt: P08659 Firefly (Photinus pyralis)
- ec 220.127.116.11 antibodyFirefly antibodyLuciferase antibodyLuciferin 4 monooxygenase antibody
Anti-Firefly Luciferase antibody images
ab21176 at 1/200 dilution staining engineered adult rat stromal stem cells by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde (2%) fixed and Triton X-100 (0.1%) was used for cell permealization (15 min incubation time). The cells were incubated with the antibody overnight at 4C. The image shows Luciferase (green-upper right panel), counterstained cell nuclei (DAPI-blue-upper left panel), overlay (lower left panel) and a phase contrast image (lower right panel). The image was taken with a confocal laser scanning microscope equipped with an additional laser differential Interference Contrast (DIC) mode.
ab21176 staining mouse mammary carcinoma cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking with a commercial blocking agent. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 555 conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary. The image shows firefly luciferase (red) in mouse tumour cells and cell nuclei counterstained with Hoechst (blue).
References for Anti-Firefly Luciferase antibody (ab21176)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nguyen J et al. Load regulates bone formation and Sclerostin expression through a TGFß-dependent mechanism. PLoS One 8:e53813 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23308287) »
- Ramakrishnan C et al. Salivary gland-specific P. berghei reporter lines enable rapid evaluation of tissue-specific sporozoite loads in mosquitoes. PLoS One 7:e36376 (2012). IHC-FoFr . Read more (PubMed: 22574152) »