Anti-Methylated Lysine (mono methyl, di methyl) antibody (ab23366)
- Product nameAnti-Methylated Lysine (mono methyl, di methyl) antibodySee all Methylated Lysine primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Methylated Lysine (mono methyl, di methyl)
- SpecificityRecognize proteins methylated on lysine residues (mono- & di-methyl lysine). This antibody was affinity purified with mono-methyl lysine and di-methyl lysine, and may also react with tri-methyl lysine. Does not cross-react with acetylated protein.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ELISA more details
Methylated Lysine conjugated to KLH.
- Positive controlHCL (0.1N) extracted and acetone precipited histone fraction
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAffinity purified using N-methyl (epsilon amino group)lysine on Agarose as affinity matrix.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23366 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Do not use milk for any of the buffers as complex milk proteins may contain competitive methylated proteins. Use BSA instead. ab23366 incubation time 2h RT. If no or weak signal is obtained overnight at 4deg might help.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceMany proteins are post translationally modified. Modifications such as phosphorylation, glycosylation, ubiquitination and methylation have been shown to play an important role in the development, physiology and disease of animals and plants. Histone lysine methylation is regarded as a very stable modification with important functions in epigenetic gene control and for organizing chromatin domains.
- Dimethylysine antibodyMethyl lysine antibodyN epsilon dimethyl lysine antibody
- N epsilon mono methyllysine antibodyN epsilon trimethyl lysine antibodyN(epsilon) trimethyl lysine antibodyTrimethyl lysine antibody
Anti-Methylated Lysine (mono methyl, di methyl) antibody images
ab23366 at 1/200 staining human kidney tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed in citrate buffer. An HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
ab23366 staining formalin fixed paraffin-embedded rat kidney tissue sections. The section was subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer (pH 6.0) and blocked with 5% serum for 30 minutes at 20°C, prior to incubation with the primary antibody (diluted 1/200 in PBS + 5% serum) for 45 mintes at 20°C. An HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit antibody was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-Methylated Lysine (mono methyl, di methyl) antibody (ab23366)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sarsour EH et al. Manganese superoxide dismutase regulates a metabolic switch during the mammalian cell cycle. Cancer Res 72:3807-16 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22710435) »
- Moio P et al. Exploring the use of dimethylsulfate for in vivo proteome footprinting. Proteomics 11:249-60 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21204252) »