Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab2406)
- Product nameAnti-Human Serum Albumin antibodySee all Human Serum Albumin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with human albumin. This antibody is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins. Specificity is determined by Ouchterlony Double Diffusion (ODD) and immunoelectrophoresis (IEP) versus human serum and human albumin.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified human albumin.
- Positive controlLiver
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Whole serum
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2406 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Mouse monoclonal [15C7] to Human Serum Albumin (ab10241). For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal [15C7] to Human Serum Albumin (ab10241) as Capture.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. This antibody may be diluted to a titer of 1/50-1/1000 in an ABC method. We suggest an incubation period of 30 minutes at room temperature.|
- FunctionSerum albumin, the main protein of plasma, has a good binding capacity for water, Ca(2+), Na(+), K(+), fatty acids, hormones, bilirubin and drugs. Its main function is the regulation of the colloidal osmotic pressure of blood. Major zinc transporter in plasma, typically binds about 80% of all plasma zinc.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ALB are a cause of familial dysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia (FDH) [MIM:103600]. FDH is a form of euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia that is due to increased affinity of ALB for T(4). It is the most common cause of inherited euthyroid hyperthyroxinemia in Caucasian population.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ALB/AFP/VDB family.
Contains 3 albumin domains.
modificationsKenitra variant is partially O-glycosylated at Thr-620. It has two new disulfide bonds Cys-600 to Cys-602 and Cys-601 to Cys-606.
Glycated in diabetic patients.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
Acetylated on Lys-223 by acetylsalicylic acid.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- ALB antibodyALBU_HUMAN antibodyAlbumin (32 AA) antibody
- Albumin (AA 34) antibodyAlbumin antibodyAnalbuminemia antibodyBisalbuminemia antibodyCell growth inhibiting protein 42 antibodyDKFZp779N1935 antibodyDysalbuminemic hyperthyroxinemia antibodyGrowth inhibiting protein 20 antibodyHSA antibodyHyperthyroxinemia dysalbuminemic antibodyPRO0883 antibodyPRO0903 antibodyPRO1341 antibodySerum albumin antibodySerum albumin precursor antibody
Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody images
Standard Curve for Human Serum Albumin (Analyte: Human Serum Albumin protein (ab67670)); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [15C7] to Human Serum Albumin (ab10241) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to Human Serum Albumin (ab2406) at 0.5µg/ml.
Ab2406 staining human normal liver. Staining is localised to the cytoplasm and secreted.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 antigen retrieval buffers citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
References for Anti-Human Serum Albumin antibody (ab2406)
This product has been referenced in:
- Gotes J et al. Mechanisms of systemic vasodilation by lysozyme-c in septic shock. J Appl Physiol 112:638-50 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22096116) »
- Soltani A et al. Reticular Basement Membrane Vessels Are Increased in COPD Bronchial Mucosa by Both Factor VIII and Collagen IV Immunostaining and Are Hyperpermeable. J Allergy (Cairo) 2012:958383 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22500190) »