Anti-Mad2L1 antibody (ab24588)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24588 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionComponent of the spindle-assembly checkpoint that prevents the onset of anaphase until all chromosomes are properly aligned at the metaphase plate. Required for the execution of the mitotic checkpoint which monitors the process of kinetochore-spindle attachment and inhibits the activity of the anaphase promoting complex by sequestering CDC20 until all chromosomes are aligned at the metaphase plate.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAD2 family.
Contains 1 HORMA domain.
- DomainThe protein has two highly different native conformations, an inactive open conformation that cannot bind CDC20 and that predominates in cytosolic monomers, and an active closed conformation. The protein in the closed conformation preferentially dimerizes with another molecule in the open conformation, but can also form a dimer with a molecule in the closed conformation. Formation of a heterotetrameric core complex containing two molecules of MAD1L1 and of MAD2L1 in the closed conformation promotes binding of another molecule of MAD2L1 in the open conformation and the conversion of the open to the closed form, and thereby promotes interaction with CDC20.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine residues. The level of phosphorylation varies during the cell cycle and is highest during mitosis. Phosphorylation abolishes interaction with MAD1L1 and reduces interaction with CDC20.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm. Recruited by MAD1L1 to unattached kinetochores (Probable). Recruited to the nuclear pore complex by TPR during interphase. Recruited to kinetochores in late prometaphase after BUB1, CENPF, BUB1B and CENPE. Kinetochore association requires the presence of NEK2. Kinetochore association is repressed by UBD.
- Homolog of MAD2 S cerevisiae antibodyHsMAD 2 antibodyHsMAD2 antibody
- Human mitotic feedback control protein Madp2 antibodyMAD 2 antibodyMAD 2 like 1 antibodyMAD 2 like protein 1 antibodyMAD 2 mitotic arrest deficient like 1 antibodyMAD 2A antibodyMAD2 antibodyMAD2 L1 antibodyMAD2 like 1 antibodyMAD2 like protein 1 antibodyMAD2 mitotic arrest deficient like 1 antibodyMAD2-like protein 1 antibodyMAD2A antibodyMad2l1 antibodyMD2L1_HUMAN antibodyMitotic arrest deficient 2-like protein 1 antibodyMitotic arrest deficient like 1 antibodyMitotic arrest deficient yeast homolog antibodyMitotic arrest deficient yeast homolog like 1 antibodyMitotic spindle assembly checkpoint protein antibodyMitotic spindle assembly checkpoint protein MAD2A antibody
Anti-Mad2L1 antibody images
ab24588 at a 1/100 dilution staining human breast cancer cells by ICC/IF. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with 5% BSA prior to incubation with the antibody for 1 hour. A TRITC conjugated polyclonal anti-rabbit Ig was used as the secondary antibody. The image shows staining with ab24588 as well as a DNA stain. The right hand panel shows a merged image.
References for Anti-Mad2L1 antibody (ab24588)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ingemarsdotter CK et al. Low-dose paclitaxel synergizes with oncolytic adenoviruses via mitotic slippage and apoptosis in ovarian cancer. Oncogene 29:6051-63 (2010). WB . Read more (PubMed: 20729921) »
- Gisselsson D et al. When the genome plays dice: circumvention of the spindle assembly checkpoint and near-random chromosome segregation in multipolar cancer cell mitoses. PLoS ONE 3:e1871 (2008). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18392149) »