Anti-Nesprin 1 antibody (ab24742)
- Product nameAnti-Nesprin 1 antibodySee all Nesprin 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nesprin 1
- Specificityab24742 recognises Nesprin-1-alpha protein and is expected to recognize the beta isoform also.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Recombinant fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 1-428 of recombinantly expressed Rat Nesprin-1-alpha.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24742 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionMulti-isomeric modular protein which forms a linking network between organelles and the actin cytoskeleton to maintain the subcellular spatial organization. Component of SUN-protein-containing multivariate complexes also called LINC complexes which link the nucleoskeleton and cytoskeleton by providing versatile outer nuclear membrane attachment sites for cytoskeletal filaments. Involved in the maintenance of nuclear organization and structural integrity. Connects nuclei to the cytoskeleton by interacting with the nuclear envelope and with F-actin in the cytoplasm. Required for centrosome migration to the apical cell surface during early ciliogenesis.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highly expressed in skeletal and smooth muscles, heart, spleen, and peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SYNE1 are the cause of spinocerebellar ataxia autosomal recessive type 8 (SCAR8) [MIM:610743]; also known as autosomal recessive cerebellar ataxia type 1 (ARCA1) or recessive ataxia of Beauce. Spinocerebellar ataxia is a clinically and genetically heterogeneous group of cerebellar disorders. Patients show progressive incoordination of gait and often poor coordination of hands, speech and eye movements, due to degeneration of the cerebellum with variable involvement of the brainstem and spinal cord. SCAR8 is an autosomal recessive form.
Defects in SYNE1 are the cause of Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy type 4 (EDMD4) [MIM:612998]. A degenerative myopathy characterized by weakness and atrophy of muscle without involvement of the nervous system, early contractures of the elbows, Achilles tendons and spine, and cardiomyopathy associated with cardiac conduction defects.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nesprin family.
Contains 1 actin-binding domain.
Contains 2 CH (calponin-homology) domains.
Contains 12 HAT repeats.
Contains 1 KASH domain.
Contains 31 spectrin repeats.
- DomainThe KASH domain, which contains a transmembrane domain, mediates the nuclear envelope targeting and is involved in the binding to SUN1 and SUN2 through recognition of their SUN domains.
- Cellular localizationNucleus outer membrane. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > myofibril > sarcomere. The largest part of the protein is cytoplasmic, while its C-terminal part is associated with the nuclear envelope, most probably the outer nuclear membrane. In skeletal and smooth muscles, a significant amount is found in the sarcomeres.
- 8B antibody8B antibodyCPG2 antibody
- CPG2 antibodyEnaptin antibodyEnaptin antibodyMyne-1 antibodyMYNE1 antibodyMyocyte Nuclear Envelope Protein 1 antibodyNesprin 1 Alpha antibodyNesprin 1 antibodyNesprin-1 antibodyNuclear Envelope Spectrin Repeat Protein 1 antibodySCAR8 antibodySpectrin Repeat Containing Nuclear Envelope 1 antibodySynaptic nuclear envelope protein 1 antibodySyne-1 antibodySYNE1 antibodySYNE1_HUMAN antibodySYNE1B antibody
Anti-Nesprin 1 antibody images
ab24742 staining Nesprin 1 in human fibroblasts by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed and permeabilised in 0.5% Triton X-100, then blocked using 10% normal donkey serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were then incubated with primary antibody at a 1/500 dilution for 1 hour. The secondary antibody used was a donkey anti-rabbit conjugated to DyLight® 488 (green) used at a 1/200 dilution.
References for Anti-Nesprin 1 antibody (ab24742)
This product has been referenced in:
- Anno T et al. Role of nesprin-1 in nuclear deformation in endothelial cells under static and uniaxial stretching conditions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:94-9 (2012). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22728879) »