Anti-Securin antibody (ab26273)
- Product nameAnti-Securin antibodySee all Securin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Securin
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivity
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Human Securin.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
- FunctionRegulatory protein, which plays a central role in chromosome stability, in the p53/TP53 pathway, and DNA repair. Probably acts by blocking the action of key proteins. During the mitosis, it blocks Separase/ESPL1 function, preventing the proteolysis of the cohesin complex and the subsequent segregation of the chromosomes. At the onset of anaphase, it is ubiquitinated, conducting to its destruction and to the liberation of ESPL1. Its function is however not limited to a blocking activity, since it is required to activate ESPL1. Negatively regulates the transcriptional activity and related apoptosis activity of TP53. The negative regulation of TP53 may explain the strong transforming capability of the protein when it is overexpressed. May also play a role in DNA repair via its interaction with Ku, possibly by connecting DNA damage-response pathways with sister chromatid separation.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at low level in most tissues, except in adult testis, where it is highly expressed. Overexpressed in many patients suffering from pituitary adenomas, primary epithelial neoplasias, and esophageal cancer.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the securin family.
- Developmental stageLow level during G1 and S phases. Peaks at M phase. During anaphase, it is degraded.
- DomainThe N-terminal destruction box (D-box) acts as a recognition signal for degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway.
The TEK-boxes are required for 'Lys-11'-linked ubiquitination and facilitate the transfer of the first ubiquitin and ubiquitin chain nucleation. TEK-boxes may direct a catalytically competent orientation of the UBE2C/UBCH10-ubiquitin thiolester with the acceptor lysine residue.
modificationsPhosphorylated at Ser-165 by CDK1 during mitosis.
Phosphorylated in vitro by ds-DNA kinase.
Ubiquitinated through 'Lys-11' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the anaphase promoting complex (APC) at the onset of anaphase, conducting to its degradation. 'Lys-11'-linked ubiquitination is mediated by the E2 ligase UBE2C/UBCH10.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 9232 Human
- Entrez Gene: 30939 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 64193 Rat
- Omim: 604147 Human
- SwissProt: Q6IAL9 Human
- SwissProt: O95997 Human
- SwissProt: Q3Y5K4 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5SRU0 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9CQJ7 Mouse
- SwissProt: P97613 Rat
- Unigene: 350966 Human
- Unigene: 6856 Mouse
- Unigene: 137183 Rat
- Unigene: 271 Rat
- AW555095 antibodyC87862 antibodyCut2 antibody
- Cut2 antibodyEAP 1 antibodyEAP1 antibodyESP1 ASSOCIATED PROTEIN 1 antibodyEsp1-associated protein antibodyhPTTG antibodyMGC126883 antibodyMGC138276 antibodyPds1 antibodyPds1 antibodyPituitary tumor transforming 1 antibodyPituitary tumor transforming protein 1 antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming 1, isoform CRA_a antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming 1, isoform CRA_b antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming gene 1 antibodyPituitary tumor-transforming gene 1 protein antibodyPTTG 1 antibodyPTTG antibodyPTTG antibodyPTTG1 antibodyPTTG1 protein antibodyPTTG1_HUMAN antibodyPttg3 antibodySecurin antibodyTUMOR TRANSFORMING 1 antibodyTumor transforming protein 1 antibodyTUMOR-TRANSFORMING 1 antibodyTumor-transforming protein 1 antibodyTUTR 1 antibodyTUTR1 antibody
Anti-Securin antibody images
HeLa cells stained with ab26273 (1/100 dilution). A clear nuclear signal in interphase HeLa cells can be seen.
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Andrew Horwitz, Org unknown, Country unknown
Anti-Securin antibody (ab26273) at 1 µg/ml + HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 20 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 26 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 15 minutes
References for Anti-Securin antibody (ab26273)
ab26273 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.