Anti-PBP antibody (ab2634)
- Product nameAnti-PBP antibodySee all PBP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to PBP
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog
Synthetic peptide: DYVPKLYEQLSGK, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 174-186 of Human PBP.
- Positive controlA549, HepG2, HEK293 and human liver lysate.
- General notesGenBank Accession Number – NP_002558.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2634 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.03 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 20-22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).Can be blocked with PBP peptide (174-186) (ab22921).|
- FunctionBinds ATP, opioids and phosphatidylethanolamine. Has lower affinity for phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylcholine. Serine protease inhibitor which inhibits thrombin, neuropsin and chymotrypsin but not trypsin, tissue type plasminogen activator and elastase.
HCNP may be involved in the function of the presynaptic cholinergic neurons of the central nervous system. HCNP increases the production of choline acetyltransferase but not acetylcholinesterase. Seems to be mediated by a specific receptor.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- Entrez Gene: 431786 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 477501 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 5037 Human
- Entrez Gene: 23980 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 29542 Rat
- Omim: 604591 Human
- SwissProt: P13696 Cow
- SwissProt: Q3YIX4 Dog
- SwissProt: P30086 Human
- SwissProt: P70296 Mouse
- SwissProt: P31044 Rat
- Unigene: 433863 Human
- Unigene: 195898 Mouse
- Unigene: 338476 Mouse
- Unigene: 473809 Mouse
- Unigene: 29745 Rat
- HCNP antibodyHCNPpp antibodyHippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide antibody
- Neuropolypeptide h3 antibodyPEBP antibodyPEBP 1 antibodyPEBP-1 antibodyPebp1 antibodyPEBP1_HUMAN antibodyPhosphatidylethanolamine Binding Protein antibodyPhosphatidylethanolamine binding protein 1 antibodyProstatic Binding Protein antibodyProstatic-binding protein antibodyR kip antibodyRaf kinase inhibitor protein antibodyRaf kinase inhibitory protein antibodyRKIP antibody
Anti-PBP antibody images
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
ab2634 staining (0.01 µg/ml) of A549 lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab2634 (1.5 µg/ml) staining PBP in paraffin-embedded Human Cortex following steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer at pH 6.
References for Anti-PBP antibody (ab2634)
This product has been referenced in:
- Fougner SL et al. Low levels of raf kinase inhibitory protein in growth hormone-secreting pituitary adenomas correlate with poor response to octreotide treatment. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1211-6 (2008). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 18230656) »
- Chen Q et al. Identification and characterization of PEBP as a calpain substrate. J Neurochem 99:1133-41 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 17018026) »