Anti-Carboxymethyl Lysine antibody (ab27684)
- Product nameAnti-Carboxymethyl Lysine antibodySee all Carboxymethyl Lysine primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Carboxymethyl Lysine
- SpecificityThis antibody specifically binds to Carboxy methyl Lysine modified proteins.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, Conjugation more details
Carboxy methyl Lysine conjugated to KLH.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 75mM PBS, 75mM Sodium chloride, 1mM EDTA. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified by Carboxy methyl Lysine protein Sepharose affinity column.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27684 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/2500 - 1/20000.|
|WB||WB: 1/2500 - 1/20000.|
|Conjugation||Conjugation: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceN epsilon carboxymethyl lysine (CML or Carboxymethyl Lysine) is formed by the non enzymatic Schiff base reaction of glucose with proteins, followed by an Amadori rearrangement and oxidation that leaves only a carboxymethyl group attached to the lysine. The levels of CML adducts accumulate over time and have been used as an indicator of both serum glucose levels and oxidative protein damage. Elevated serum CML modified proteins have been associated with diabetes and may contribute to diabetic retinopathy, nephropathy and angiopathy.
- CML antibodyN Epsilon (Carboxymethyl) Lysine antibody
Anti-Carboxymethyl Lysine antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Carboxymethyl Lysine antibody (ab27684) at 1/1000 dilution (in PBST for 18 hours at 4°C)
Lane 1 : Whole tissue lysate of raw cashew nuts
Lane 2 : Whole tissue lysate of roasted cashew nuts
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal
developed using the ECL technique
Observed band size : 10-12 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 minute
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Chris Mattison
References for Anti-Carboxymethyl Lysine antibody (ab27684)
This product has been referenced in:
- Breyer V et al. Intracellular Glycation of Nuclear DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and Cytosolic Proteins During Senescence-like Growth Arrest. DNA Cell Biol : (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21612395) »
- Meyer B et al. Mapping the glycoxidation product Ne-carboxymethyllysine in the milk proteome. Proteomics 11:420-8 (2011). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21268271) »