Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] (ab3099)
- Product nameAnti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5]See all 67kDa Laminin Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MLuC5] to 67kDa Laminin Receptor
- Tested applicationsInhibition Assay, IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Small cell lung carcinoma N592 live cells.
- Positive controlBreast carcinoma.
- General notesMolecular weight of Laminin Receptor = ~ 67 kDa.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesPurified from ascites by ammonium sulfate precipitation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMLuC5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3099 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Inhib: Use at an assay dependent dilution. This antibody partially inhibits the binding of soluble Laminin (Martignone S, et. al).|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionRequired for the assembly and/or stability of the 40S ribosomal subunit. Required for the processing of the 20S rRNA-precursor to mature 18S rRNA in a late step of the maturation of 40S ribosomal subunits. Also functions as a cell surface receptor for laminin. Plays a role in cell adhesion to the basement membrane and in the consequent activation of signaling transduction pathways. May play a role in cell fate determination and tissue morphogenesis. Acts as a PPP1R16B-dependent substrate of PPP1CA. Also acts as a receptor for several other ligands, including the pathogenic prion protein, viruses, and bacteria.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ribosomal protein S2P family.
modificationsAcylated. Acylation may be a prerequisite for conversion of the monomeric 37 kDa laminin receptor precursor (37LRP) to the mature dimeric 67 kDa laminin receptor (67LR), and may provide a mechanism for membrane association.
Cleaved by stromelysin-3 (ST3) at the cell surface. Cleavage by stromelysin-3 may be a mechanism to alter cell-extracellular matrix interactions.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm. Nucleus. 67LR is found at the surface of the plasma membrane, with its C-terminal laminin-binding domain accessible to extracellular ligands. 37LRP is found at the cell surface, in the cytoplasm and in the nucleus (By similarity). Co-localizes with PPP1R16B in the cell membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 3921 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100505031 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 16785 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 29236 Rat
- Omim: 150370 Human
- SwissProt: P08865 Human
- SwissProt: P14206 Mouse
- SwissProt: P38983 Rat
- Unigene: 449909 Human
- Unigene: 311972 Mouse
- Unigene: 391708 Mouse
- Unigene: 4071 Mouse
- Unigene: 121972 Rat
- Unigene: 161973 Rat
- Unigene: 999 Rat
- 34/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody34/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody37 kDa laminin receptor precursor antibody
- 37/67 kDa laminin receptor antibody37LRP antibody40S ribosomal protein SA antibody67 kDa laminin receptor antibody67LR antibodyColon carcinoma laminin binding protein antibodyColon carcinoma laminin-binding protein antibodyLAMBR antibodyLaminin Receptor 1 antibodyLaminin-binding protein precursor p40 antibodyLAMR 1 antibodyLamR antibodyLAMR1 antibodyLBP antibodyLBP/p40 antibodyLRP antibodyLRP/LR antibodyMultidrug resistance associated protein MGr1 Ag antibodyMultidrug resistance associated protein MGr1Ag antibodyMultidrug resistance-associated protein MGr1-Ag antibodyNEM/1CHD4 antibodyp40 antibodyRibosomal Protein SA antibodyRPSA antibodyRSSA_HUMAN antibodySA antibody
Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] images
ICC/IF image of ab3099 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3099, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] (ab3099) at 1/1000 dilution + Mouse pancreatic cancer tissue lysate at 35 µg
HRP-conjugated Sheep anti-Mouse polyclonal at 1/2000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 33 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 10 minutes
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
Overlay histogram showing MCF7 cells stained with ab3099 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab3099, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgM (mu chain) (ab97007) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgM [ICIGM] (ab91545, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in MCF7 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-67kDa Laminin Receptor antibody [MLuC5] (ab3099)
This product has been referenced in:
- Orihuela CJ et al. Laminin receptor initiates bacterial contact with the blood brain barrier in experimental meningitis models. J Clin Invest : (2009). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19436113) »
- Akache B et al. The 37/67-kilodalton laminin receptor is a receptor for adeno-associated virus serotypes 8, 2, 3, and 9. J Virol 80:9831-6 (2006). Competitive ELISA ; Human, Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 16973587) »