Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody (ab31289)
- Product nameAnti-Lipocalin 2 antibodySee all Lipocalin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Lipocalin 2
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide: C-AILREDKDPQKMY, corresponding to amino acids 60-72 of Human Lipocalin 2.
- Positive controlHuman kidney lysate. Human spleen tissue sections.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31289 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.01 - 0.03 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 3 µg/ml.|
- FunctionIron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and in tissues that are prone to exposure to microorganism. High expression is found in bone marrow as well as in uterus, prostate, salivary gland, stomach, appendix, colon, trachea and lung. Not found in the small intestine or peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Upon binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, it is internalized.
- 24p3 antibody25 kDa alpha 2 microglobulin related subunit of MMP9 antibody25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related subunit of MMP-9 antibody
- Alpha 2 microglobulin related protein antibodyHGNC:6526 antibodyHNL antibodyLcn 2 antibodyLcn2 antibodyLipocalin-2 antibodyMigration stimulating factor inhibitor antibodyMSFI antibodyNeutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin antibodyNeutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin precursor antibodyNeutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin antibodyNGAL antibodyNGAL_HUMAN antibodyOncogene 24p3 antibodyP25 antibodySiderocalin antibodySV40 induced 24P3 protein antibody
Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody images
Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody (ab31289) at 0.03 µg/ml + Human kidney lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer)
Predicted band size : 23 kDa
Observed band size : 22 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 1 hour
ab31289 at 2.5µg/ml staining Lipocalin 2 in human spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 was performed, AP-staining.
References for Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody (ab31289)
ab31289 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.