Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387)
- Product nameAnti-CREB antibody - ChIP GradeSee all CREB primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CREB - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityImmunogen has 92% alignment to ATF-1
- Tested applicationsChIP, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide (Human) - non-phosphopeptide derived from human CREB around the phosphorylation site of Serine 133.
- Positive controlHeLa cell extract. Human breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31387 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20622856|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionThis protein binds the cAMP response element (CRE), a sequence present in many viral and cellular promoters. CREB stimulates transcription on binding to the CRE. Transcription activation is enhanced by the TORC coactivators which act independently of Ser-133 phosphorylation. Implicated in synchronization of circadian rhythmicity.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in CREB1 may be a cause of angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma (AFH) [MIM:612160]. A distinct variant of malignant fibrous histiocytoma that typically occurs in children and adolescents and is manifest by nodular subcutaneous growth. Characteristic microscopic features include lobulated sheets of histiocyte-like cells intimately associated with areas of hemorrhage and cystic pseudovascular spaces, as well as a striking cuffing of inflammatory cells, mimicking a lymph node metastasis. Note=A chromosomal aberration involving CREB1 is found in a patient with angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma. Translocation t(2;22)(q33;q12) with CREB1 generates a EWSR1/CREB1 fusion gene that is most common genetic abnormality in this tumor type.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Contains 1 KID (kinase-inducible) domain.
modificationsStimulated by phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of both Ser-133 and Ser-142 in the SCN regulates the activity of CREB and participates in circadian rhythm generation. Phosphorylation of Ser-133 allows CREBBP binding (By similarity). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Sumoylated by SUMO1. Sumoylation on Lys-304, but not on Lys-285, is required for nuclear localization of this protein. Sumoylation is enhanced under hypoxia, promoting nuclear localization and stabilization.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Active transcription factor CREB antibodycAMP response element binding protein 1 antibodycAMP response element binding protein antibody
- cAMP responsive element binding protein 1 antibodycAMP-responsive element-binding protein 1 antibodyCREB 1 antibodyCREB antibodyCREB-1 antibodyCREB1 antibodyCREB1_HUMAN antibodyCyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 1 antibodyMGC9284 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163864 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163865 antibodyOTTHUMP00000206660 antibodyOTTHUMP00000206662 antibodyOTTHUMP00000206667 antibodyTransactivator protein antibody
Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma tissue sections, using 1/50 ab31387. Left: Untreated sample; Right: Sample treated with synthesized peptide (negative control).
Lane 1 : Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387) at 1/500 dilution (treated with synthesized peptide )
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa cell extract
Predicted band size : 37 kDa
References for Anti-CREB antibody - ChIP Grade (ab31387)
This product has been referenced in:
- Vialou V et al. Serum response factor and cAMP response element binding protein are both required for cocaine induction of ?FosB. J Neurosci 32:7577-84 (2012). ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22649236) »
- Gao J et al. A novel pathway regulates memory and plasticity via SIRT1 and miR-134. Nature 466:1105-9 (2010). WB, ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20622856) »