Anti-CD24 antibody [8.B.76] (ab31622)
- Product nameAnti-CD24 antibody [8.B.76]See all CD24 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8.B.76] to CD24
- Tested applicationsICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human bone marrow malignant cells from a non-B, non-T acute leukemia. MW: 35-45kD.
- General notesCD24 expression can also be observed in the cytoplasm.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesAmmonium sulfate fraction and column chromatography.
- Primary antibody notes ab31622 binds to the non-glycosylated GPI anchor of the protein core of the cluster w4/CD24. It recognizes B cells from pre-B stage to mature-B stage, the majority of normal medullar granulous cells, peripheral blood polymorphonuclear cells, non-T, non-B acute lymphoblastic leukemias, some atypic or myeloid leukemias or B chronic lymphocytic leukemias and two-thirds of Epstein-Barr virus transformed cell lines.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number8.B.76
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31622 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||ICC: 1/25 - 1/50. Cell smear.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 2µg for 105 cells.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/25 - 1/50.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionModulates B-cell activation responses. Signaling could be triggered by the binding of a lectin-like ligand to the CD24 carbohydrates, and transduced by the release of second messengers derived from the GPI-anchor. Promotes AG-dependent proliferation of B-cells, and prevents their terminal differentiation into antibody-forming cells.
- Tissue specificityB-cells. Expressed in a number of B-cell lines including P32/SH and Namalwa. Expressed in erythroleukemia cell and small cell lung carcinoma cell lines. Also expressed on the surface of T-cells.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in CD24 are associated with susceptibility to multiple sclerosis (MS) [MIM:126200]. A multifactorial, inflammatory, demyelinating disease of the central nervous system. Sclerotic lesions are characterized by perivascular infiltration of monocytes and lymphocytes and appear as indurated areas in pathologic specimens (sclerosis in plaques). The pathological mechanism is regarded as an autoimmune attack of the myelin sheat, mediated by both cellular and humoral immunity. Clinical manifestations include visual loss, extra-ocular movement disorders, paresthesias, loss of sensation, weakness, dysarthria, spasticity, ataxia and bladder dysfunction. Genetic and environmental factors influence susceptibility to the disease. Note=Polymorphisms in CD24 may act as a genetic modifier for susceptibility and progression of MS in some populations, perhaps by affecting the efficiency of CD24 expression on the cell surface.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD24 family.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- CD 24 antibodyCD24 antibodyCD24 antigen (small cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen) antibody
- CD24 antigen antibodyCD24 molecule antibodyCD24_HUMAN antibodyCD24A antibodyFLJ22950 antibodyFLJ43543 antibodyGPI linked surface mucin antibodyGPI linked surface mucin antibodyHeat stable antigen antibodyHSA antibodyMGC75043 antibodyNectadrin antibodySignal transducer CD24 antibodySmall cell lung carcinoma cluster 4 antigen antibody
Anti-CD24 antibody [8.B.76] images
ab31622 staining CD24 in human colon tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, then a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer pH 6 (20 minutes). Samples were then incubated with the primary antibody at a 1/100 dilution for 16 minutes at 25°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse/rabbit monoclonal was used as secondary antibody.
References for Anti-CD24 antibody [8.B.76] (ab31622)
This product has been referenced in:
- Rasmussen JG et al. Activation of Protease-Activated Receptor 2 Induces VEGF Independently of HIF-1. PLoS One 7:e46087 (2012). Flow Cyt ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23049945) »
- Metsuyanim S et al. Expression of stem cell markers in the human fetal kidney. PLoS One 4:e6709 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19696931) »