Anti-TCF7L2 antibody [0.T.149] (ab32873)
- Product nameAnti-TCF7L2 antibody [0.T.149]See all TCF7L2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [0.T.149] to TCF7L2
- SpecificityRecognizes TCF4 at 66kD in Cos1 cells expressing transfected TCF4
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IP, WB, EMSA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
His-tagged fusion protein, corresponding to amino acids 31-331 of Human TCF4
- Positive controlSW620 whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.1M Tris glycine
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number0.T.149
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32873 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 66 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa).|
|EMSA||EMSA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionParticipates in the Wnt signaling pathway and modulates MYC expression by binding to its promoter in a sequence-specific manner. Acts as repressor in the absence of CTNNB1, and as activator in its presence. Activates transcription from promoters with several copies of the Tcf motif 5'-CCTTTGATC-3' in the presence of CTNNB1. TLE1, TLE2, TLE3 and TLE4 repress transactivation mediated by TCF7L2 and CTNNB1. Expression of dominant-negative mutants results in cell-cycle arrest in G1. Necessary for the maintenance of the epithelial stem-cell compartment of the small intestine.
- Tissue specificityDetected in epithelium from small intestine, with the highest expression at the top of the crypts and a gradient of expression from crypt to villus. Detected in colon epithelium and colon cancer, and in epithelium from mammary gland and carcinomas derived therefrom.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Constitutive activation and subsequent transactivation of target genes may lead to the maintenance of stem-cell characteristics (cycling and longevity) in cells that should normally undergo terminal differentiation and constitute the primary transforming event in colorectal cancer (CRC).
Genetic variations in TCF7L2 are associated with susceptibility to non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853]. NIDDM is characterized by an autosomal dominant mode of inheritance, onset during adulthood and insulin resistance.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TCF/LEF family.
Contains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
- Developmental stageHighly expressed in crypt regions and barely detectable in villi in epithelium from fetal small intestine at week 16. At week 22 expression in villi had increased strongly.
- DomainThe promoter-specific activation domain interacts with the transcriptional coactivator EP300.
modificationsIn vitro, phosphorylated by TNIK.
Polysumoylated. Sumoylation is enhanced by PIAS family members and desumoylated by AXAM/SENP2. Sumoylation/desumoylation regulates TCF4 transcription activity in the Wnt signaling pathway without altering interaction with CTNNB1 nor binding DNA.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > PML body. Diffuse pattern. Colocalizes with SUMO1 and PIAS4 in a subset of PML (promyelocytic leukemia) nuclear bodies.
- E2 2 antibodyHMG box transcription factor 4 antibodyhTCF 4 antibody
- hTCF-4 antibodyImmunoglobulin transcription factor 2 antibodyITF2 antibodySEF2 1 antibodySEF2 1A antibodySEF2 1B antibodySEF2 antibodyT cell factor 4 antibodyT cell specific HMG box antibodyT cell specific transcription factor 4 antibodyT-cell factor 4 antibodyT-cell-specific transcription factor 4 antibodyTCF 4 antibodyTCF-4 antibodyTCF4 antibodyTCF7L2 antibodyTCF7L2 protein antibodyTF7L2_HUMAN antibodyTranscription factor 4 antibodyTranscription factor 7 like 2 antibodyTranscription factor 7 like 2 T cell specific HMG box antibodyTranscription factor 7-like 2 antibody
Anti-TCF7L2 antibody [0.T.149] images
All lanes : Anti-TCF7L2 antibody [0.T.149] (ab32873) at 4 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Cos-1 cells
Lane 2 : Cos-1 cells transfected with TCF7L2 cDNA in pUSE
Predicted band size : 71 kDa
Observed band size : 60 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-TCF7L2 antibody [0.T.149] (ab32873)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nagasawa M et al. Development of human plasmacytoid dendritic cells depends on the combined action of the basic helix-loop-helix factor E2-2 and the Ets factor Spi-B. Eur J Immunol 38:2389-400 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18792017) »