Anti-AGRP antibody (ab32882)
- Product nameAnti-AGRP antibodySee all AGRP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to AGRP
- SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise both reported isoforms (as represented by NP_001129; NP_015531).
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Dog, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide: (C)RKLGTAMNPCSRT, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 120-132 of Human AGRP
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline. pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32882 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use a concentration of 0.05 - 0.1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionPlays a role in weight homeostasis. Plays a role in the central control of feeding. Reduces food intake. Inhibits cAMP production mediated by stimulation of melanocortin receptors within the hypothalamus and adrenal gland. Acts primarily on MC3R and MC4R. Has very low activity with MC5R.
- Tissue specificityExpressed primarily in the adrenal gland, subthalamic nucleus, and hypothalamus, with a lower level of expression occurring in testis, lung, and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in AGRP may be a cause of obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 agouti domain.
- DomainThe presence of a 'disulfide through disulfide knot' structurally defines this protein as a knottin.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Golgi apparatus lumen.
- Agouti Related Protein Homolog antibodyAgouti-related protein antibodyAgrp antibody
- AGRP_HUMAN antibodyAGRT antibodyART antibodyASIP2 antibody
Anti-AGRP antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of PFA-perfused frozen Human hypothalamus tissue, staining AGRP with ab32882 at 0.05 µg/ml. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat mediation in a citrate buffer (pH 6).
References for Anti-AGRP antibody (ab32882)
ab32882 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.