Anti-Mitochondria antibody [MTC02] - Mitochondrial Marker (ab3298)
- Product nameAnti-Mitochondria antibody [MTC02] - Mitochondrial MarkerSee all Mitochondria primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MTC02] to Mitochondria - Mitochondrial Marker
- Tested applicationsIHC-FrFl, ICC/IF, ICC, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Pig, Rhesus monkey, African Green Monkey
Semi purified mitochondrial preparation.
- EpitopeThis antibody recognizes a 60 kDa non glycosylated protein component of mitochondria found in human cells.
- Positive controlHeLa cells. Liver tissue sections.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberMTC02
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3298 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FrFl||IHC-FrFl: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Used at a dilution of 1/50 for 2 hours (see Abreview for further information).|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. PubMed: 18167556Samples require boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10 - 20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min. This antibody can be used to stain themitochondria in cell / tissue preparations and can be used as a marker of the mitochondria in subcellular fractions.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. This antibody detects a band of 60 kDa, which corresponds to the predicted molecular weight of the non glycosylated protein component of mitochondria.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- RelevanceMitochondria are the power house of the cell. They are distinct organelles with two membranes. Usually they are rod shaped, however they can be round. The outer membrane limits the organelle and the inner membrane is thrown into folds or shelves that project inward and are called "cristae mitochondriales".
- Cellular localizationMitochondrial
Anti-Mitochondria antibody [MTC02] - Mitochondrial Marker images
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab3298 (red line). The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab3298, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
Mitochondria were detected by Immunofluorescence in U373 human glioblastoma cells using Mitochondrial Marker antibody (ab3298).
ab3298 at 0.2µg/ml staining Mitochondria-Mitochondrial Marker from human cardiac muscle sections by Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin-embedded sections). The antibody was incubated with the tissue for 2 hours and then detected with an Alexa-Fluor® 488 conjugated anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by an anonymous researcher on 12 December 2005.
ab3298 staining HEK 293 cells by ICC/IF. Following paraformaldehyde fixation and permeabilisation with 0.5%TX100 the cells were blocked with 5% serum (for 20 hours at 25°C). The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 in PBS, 2% goat serum, 0.1% TX100 and incubated for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 546 conjugated goat anti-mouse was used as the secondary.
Mitochondria are labeled with red fluorescence, and the nuclei were counterstained with DAPI.
ab3298 at 1/200 dilution staining mitochondria in human foreskin fibroblasts by immunocytochemistry/ immunofluorescence. Sections were paraformaldehyde fixed, permeabilized in 0.1% saponin prior to blocking in BSA (1%) + normal goat serum (2%) for 30 minutes at 20°C and then incubated with ab3298 for 1 hour at 20°C. Alexa fluor® 594 goat polyclonal to mouse Ig, diluted 1/1000, was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab3298 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3298, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG - H&L, pre-adsorbed (ab96879) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3298 staining mitochondria in Mongolian gerbil brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry - Free Floating.ab3298 used at a 1/300 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C with 1% BSA, 0.3% Triton X-100, 0.1% Saponin. The secondary used was a goat anti-mouse IgG1 DyLight 649 used at a 1/300 dilution.
References for Anti-Mitochondria antibody [MTC02] - Mitochondrial Marker (ab3298)
This product has been referenced in:
- Thu MS et al. Self-assembling nanocomplexes by combining ferumoxytol, heparin and protamine for cell tracking by magnetic resonance imaging. Nat Med 18:463-7 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22366951) »
- Couve E et al. Mitochondrial autophagy and lipofuscin accumulation in aging odontoblasts. J Dent Res 91:696-701 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22622661) »