Anti-Pseudorabies Virus antibody (ab3534)
- Product nameAnti-Pseudorabies Virus antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Pseudorabies Virus
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-Fr, IHC-FrFl, IHC-FoFr more details
Purified pseudorabies virus Bartha.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA, 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3534 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.2 - 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-FrFl||IHC-FrFl: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20881205|
- RelevancePseudorabies virus (PRV) is a member of the neurotropic viruses known as alphaherpesviruses. PRV is primarily a disease of swine which serve as a reservoir for the virus and the principal source of natural infection for a diverse range of secondary hosts, including cattle, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, and many feral species. Humans and apes are refractory to PRV infection. PRV infects the epithelium of the host where it then spreads to axons of the peripheral nervous system (PNS). The virus opportunistically avails itself of the neuronal retrograde transport pathway which can facilitate transfer to the brain. This unique aspect of PRV allows it to be used as a powerful research tool to study neural connectivity and trace neuronal circuitry in the peripheral (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS).
- Alphaherpesvirus pseudorabies virus antibodyPRV antibodySuid herpesvirus 1 antibodySuid herpesvirus type 1 antibody
Anti-Pseudorabies Virus antibody images
Immunohistochemical staining of PRV in rat hypothalamus from animals infected by injection of PRV into the vitreous body of the eye with ab3534.
ab3534 staining Pseudorabies Virus in mouse hindbrain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry - Free Floating. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/1000) for 12 hours. An HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used as secondary antibody at 1/200 dilution.
References for Anti-Pseudorabies Virus antibody (ab3534)
This product has been referenced in:
- Asante CO et al. Cortical control of adaptive locomotion in wild-type mice and mutant mice lacking the ephrin-Eph effector protein alpha2-chimaerin. J Neurophysiol 104:3189-202 (2010). IHC-FoFr . Read more (PubMed: 20881205) »