Anti-RbAp48 antibody (ab3536)
- Product nameAnti-RbAp48 antibodySee all RbAp48 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to RbAp48
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide: MADKFAAFDDAVEEC, corresponding to amino acids 1-14 of Human RbAp 48.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, 1 mg/ml BSA, 0.05% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Primary antibody notes Retinoblastoma protein (Rb) associated protein 48 (RbAp 48) is a nuclear protein that has been shown to interact directly with retinoblastoma protein and is a component of the mSin3 corepressor complex as are the histone deacetylase proteins (HDACs). RbAp 48 shares about 75% sequence identity with the closely related RbAp 46, and appears to be functionally related to the yeast MSI 1 protein in that overexpression of RbAp 48 suppresses heat shock sensitivity in a RAS pathway dependent manner. RbAp48 has also been demonstrated to be up-regulated by the Wilms’ tumor suppressor gene product, WT1. Additionally, cells transfected with RbAp 48 have shown strong inhibition of growth.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3536 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCore histone-binding subunit that may target chromatin assembly factors, chromatin remodeling factors and histone deacetylases to their histone substrates in a manner that is regulated by nucleosomal DNA. Component of several complexes which regulate chromatin metabolism. These include the chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF-1) complex, which is required for chromatin assembly following DNA replication and DNA repair; the core histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex, which promotes histone deacetylation and consequent transcriptional repression; the nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylase complex (the NuRD complex), which promotes transcriptional repression by histone deacetylation and nucleosome remodeling; the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex, which promotes repression of homeotic genes during development; and the NURF (nucleosome remodeling factor) complex.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat RBAP46/RBAP48/MSI1 family.
Contains 6 WD repeats.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 395658 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 5928 Human
- Entrez Gene: 19646 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 321726 Zebrafish
- Omim: 602923 Human
- SwissProt: Q9W7I5 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q09028 Human
- SwissProt: Q60972 Mouse
- CAF 1 subunit C antibodyCAF I 48 kDa subunit antibodyCAF I p48 antibody
- CAF-1 subunit C antibodyCAF-I 48 kDa subunit antibodyCAF-I p48 antibodyChromatin assembly factor 1 subunit C antibodyChromatin assembly factor I p48 subunit antibodyChromatin assembly factor/CAF 1 p48 subunit antibodyHistone binding protein RBBP4 antibodyHistone-binding protein RBBP4 antibodyMSI1 protein homolog antibodyNucleosome remodeling factor subunit RBAP48 antibodyNucleosome-remodeling factor subunit RBAP48 antibodyNURF 55 antibodyNURF55 antibodyRbAp 48 antibodyRBAP48 antibodyRBBP 4 antibodyRBBP-4 antibodyRBBP4 antibodyRBBP4_HUMAN antibodyRetinoblastoma binding protein 4 antibodyRetinoblastoma binding protein p48 antibodyRetinoblastoma-binding protein 4 antibodyRetinoblastoma-binding protein p48 antibody
Anti-RbAp48 antibody images
ab3536 staining RbAp48 in human hella cells by immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Predicted band size : 47.5 kDa
Western blot of RpAp48 on 1) Du-148 2) LNCaP and 3) Hep-G2 cell extracts using ab3536.
References for Anti-RbAp48 antibody (ab3536)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sridharan R & Smale ST Predominant interaction of both Ikaros and Helios with the NuRD complex in immature thymocytes. J Biol Chem 282:30227-38 (2007). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 17681952) »